• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultron 1

43 posts in this topic

Does anyone recall which book contained the first appearance of Ultron 1?  The first appearance was after Avengers #54 and I read the comic it was in, just can't remember the issue although I am sure it was a post #54 issue.  The pic included here I lifted from "Rage of Ultron" (2015)

Thanks for any input...

20190818_162356.jpg

1 minute ago, JohnFranklin said:

I am back on my Ultron kick..trying to remember the Avengers issue where the kid finds Ultron's head, takes it and puts on the TV.....Am I remembering that right or did I over do it during the 70's?

I do not recommend keeping Ultron's head around for a decoration.

35 minutes ago, JohnFranklin said:

I am back on my Ultron kick..trying to remember the Avengers issue where the kid finds Ultron's head, takes it and puts on the TV.....Am I remembering that right or did I over do it during the 70's?

I remember it being a kid finding Ultron's head lying in an empty lot or field and kicking it like a tin can, then leaving it there among the other debris.  A famous poem was captioned to provide the narration for the sequence.

I don't remember Ultron's head being put on a T.V. in issue 57.   Mebbe a later issue?

7 minutes ago, Drummy said:

You're right about that -- it's the epilogue to #57, where the kid finds Ultron's head and the entire sequence of him kicking it around is narrated by Shelley's sonnet, "Ozymandius".  Very cool page.

That's it!  :applause:

Ultron's a cool villain.

Actually, Roy Thomas and John Buscema created some pretty neat characters on their initial run in issues 41-62.

The Red Guardian, the Grim Reaper, Ultron, the Vision, Yellowjacket, and the Man-Ape.  Not bad.  Back when The House of Ideas really was the house of ideas.

2 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Ultron's a cool villain.

Actually, Roy Thomas and John Buscema created some pretty neat characters on their initial run in issues 41-62.

The Red Guardian, the Grim Reaper, Ultron, the Vision, Yellowjacket, and the Man-Ape.  Not bad.  Back when The House of Ideas really was the house of ideas.

Yup.  Avengers had coasted for a long time before Thomas started writing. 

And, Buscema's art was great, especially when inked by Klein or Palmer.

8 hours ago, JohnFranklin said:

5 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Looks like West Coast Avengers #7 (1986)

IMG_6778.jpeg.b5da0c5214a03b193b626f47677fd272.jpeg

I've never read that issue.

Interesting TV decoration, though.  :smile:

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/18/2019 at 1:36 PM, JohnFranklin said:

Does anyone recall which book contained the first appearance of Ultron 1?  The first appearance was after Avengers #54 and I read the comic it was in, just can't remember the issue although I am sure it was a post #54 issue. 

Well, according to Overstreet you would be correct in saying that Avengers #54 has the first appearance of Ultron since he appears in 1 panel only.  (thumbsu

Overstreet clearly states that Avengers 55 is the first full appearance of Ultron.  :gossip:

Clearly remember this as there was a ton of hype and speculation on this particular issue here several years ago, before it came crashing back down to Earth.  :tonofbricks: