• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars #1-108
1 1

13 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Star Wars is dead to me after all the poop that has come out.

You've raised one of my concerns.  SW is so hit or miss right now....the movies have really polarized the fan base.  With that said, that's generally when you should shell out for things like this....SW is nor going away any time soon...

1 minute ago, Mapleleafvann said:

You've raised one of my concerns.  SW is so hit or miss right now....the movies have really polarized the fan base.  With that said, that's generally when you should shell out for things like this....SW is nor going away any time soon...

From what my friends with kids say is their kids still like SW, it's just us old timers who have issues with it :preach:. That being said, they don't have the money to buy collectables:roflmao:! But what do I know... SW is still pretty popular and there are two markets for SW comics. Comic collectors and SW memorable collectors.

8 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I'm just curious what people think here.  I have an opportunity to pick up the full run of Star Wars #1-108 in NM for $700.  Decent deal, great deal or so-so??

never seen a copy of 108 :) 

Once you sell the #1, #42, #68 and maybe the #107 you are still in the hole by $400.00 and possibly even more.  Then you are left with a bunch of unsellable books unless you process the heck out of it and try to have the odd issue pressed to 9.8 and then pay for grading and then try to sell the issue.  Your time to process, rebag and board and trying to sell has a price too. 

On the other hand, if you can get a 9.8 on 1, 42, 68 and 107 it will close the gap but its a big gamble.  Nothing is guaranteed with CGC grading after you have pressed the book and think its a 9.8

Edited by Red_Hood

If the collection is in NM condition, I would have bought it for $700 if was looking for a complete collection of the original books (and the new 108), but not as an option to resell.  That's about $6.50 a book and I've seen some comic book shops pricing the "common" issues at $10 starting (and not always in the best condition).  So, I'd see it as a good deal to add to my Star Wars Collection.

Great find!

DJ