• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skybolt's Slabbed Good Girl Art Collection

1,029 posts in this topic

For the past 2 years I've been exclusively collecting Good Girl Art issues from various publications (Fox, Fiction House, Better, Nedor, etc.). These books were purchased either off Ebay or from some major dealers (Metro, Four Color, Bedrock City, Superworld, Harley Yee, and many others).

I first became interested in good/bad girl art covers back in the 90's with Image/Top Cow titles (Glory, Gen 13, Darkchylde, etc.). I then moved on to variant covers (some nude) of Hellina, Jungle Fantasy, Double Impact, etc. However, I finally found my niche with the 1940's and 50's good girl art covers from various artists (Kamen, Feldstein, Schomburg, Baker, etc.). Once I noticed these covers I was hooked.

Over the next week or two I'll post most of these slabbed books in this thread. A good majority of them are CGC graded, but I recently sent a batch to PGX so I can get the books back sooner. Most of the PGX graded books were either rejected by CGC due to overhang, or are fairly low or mid grade books that value at less then $150. I hope CGC won't mind me posting them here since they're not in the marketplace.

None of the books I'll be listing are Church copies or even rate higher than 9.2 (average is around 7.0). About 15 or 20 of them are top of census, but probably for not too long. However, I figured it'd be fun to list them all in one thread. I've only posted one or two of these books before so I wouldn't repeat myself. I've usually refrained from posting in some of the good girl art threads that come up from time to time in the GA forum, so I can create this thread. I'm still missing some major books like Phantom Lady 17, 23, Junior #14, Seven Seas #4, etc. These books are a little too expensive or hardly show up at this time.

Anyway, I'll start with some Fox titles, then move on to Better/Nedor, then to Fiction House (the majority), and finally to miscelaneous titles. O.K., I'm going to start posting now. smile.gif

Sweet books Skybolt! A solid exhibition of why post-war Fox comics are always in demand!

Why does your 3.5 Zoot #12 look nicer than your 7.0 copy of #11?

Structurally the book is fine, but unfortunately the back cover has huge grease stains. You can see a little bit of it on the front cover as well. That was actually the first GGA book I purchased about 2.5 years ago.