• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

House of X #1 Emma Frost Variant

10 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I just joined cgc and will be purchasing a membership in the next few days for the $150 credit. I'm told I should be able to get around 5 books graded for that amount? I have a copy of House of X #1 id love to get an opinion on from the forums. I've searched various posts so far and was interested in what you all would grade this. Also I noticed some white on the spine, would this be a deduction and if so would a quick press help that? Please let me know if you need more pictures and thank you so much for your opinion.

IMG-2979.JPG

IMG-2980.JPG

IMG-2981.JPG

White means color breaking - my understanding is pressing can’t help that. Your book looks pretty minty but I had a book with a couple little spine ticks that got busted down to 9.4 so I’d guess 9.4-9.6 depending if the grader had a good lunch.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:03 AM, mysterymachine said:

if you want to try your luck for a 9.8 it might just be easier to pick up another copy before they get any higher in price.

Thanks I’m tempted too. The first shipment they said was damaged so I would assume the next one would be better.