• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone bought from Beatlebluecat on eBay?
2 2

60 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2020 at 12:13 PM, D2 said:

Sorry Justin but I don't trust you, or your 3 posts that you currently have on your account.

I've tracked Beatle Blue Balls for years, and watched his sketchy ways. He was sketchy then, and proven to be sketchy now. So, sorry, if you aren't lying, good on you and good luck with that guy, but as far as everyone else is concerned:

Do not buy from Beatle Blue Cat, he is a fraudster. Period. Over and out.

Your bolded and enlarged portion is correct.  The rest is way, way, way too lenient, both on Blue Cat and that reprobate who was posting.

1 minute ago, Poekaymon said:

Man I was looking for those guy's posts so I could lay into him, but they are all gone.  

Keyser Soze

It should be noted that there is a "151" feedback buyer in BBC's feedback during the last year that bought an ASM 135 NM-, for $130, that lines up pretty straight with what Justin said here.

I think it would be stretching it for anyone to say that feedback is false.

In my opinion, he really probably shouldn't get any more grief over what he said here.

23 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

It should be noted that there is a "151" feedback buyer in BBC's feedback during the last year that bought an ASM 135 NM-, for $130, that lines up pretty straight with what Justin said here.

In my opinion, he really probably shouldn't get any more grief over what he said here.

good point

2 hours ago, sledgehammer said:

Yes to all! I went further. Looked way back and couldn't find any type of symbiotic relationship for abetting fraud; shill bidding or his buying purposes. His 3 post deletion sure was puzzling, wasn't it? Major smoke without a tangible fire. 

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes to all! I went further. Looked way back and couldn't find any type of symbiotic relationship for abetting fraud; shill bidding or his buying purposes. His 3 post deletion sure was puzzling, wasn't it? Major smoke without a tangible fire. 

The fact that he's using the 50 FB bidder to bid 100% means he's not super cunning.  There wont be any super devious stuff to uncover.  He's been doing this so long he apparently feels no need to go the extra step.

1 minute ago, kav said:

The fact that he's using the 50 FB bidder to bid 100% means he's not super cunning.  There wont be any super devious stuff to uncover.  He's been doing this so long he apparently feels no need to go the extra step.

That's what she said. 

I have bought several items over the last month from Beatle Blue Cat on eBay bidding.  He does have high bidding on his x-men comics, especailly the John Bryne/Claremont/Austin/Cockrum series.  I have bought several from this run (109, 111,116, 117, 121, 122, 124, 135) in bidding on all NM+ comics (9.6).  I clean and press comics and after finally getting to that stack to prepare for CGC I noticed various flaws that rule out 9.6.  His grades for NM+ are truly NM/NM - or VF like my x-men 109.  It is so easy to over pay, especailly when sellers grade higher than the comic should be - and I believe this seller knows it.  Great example is the x-men #109 i bought in NM+ that came back a 9.0.  You can read the grader notes CGC #4372276002.  

Bid with absolute caution,  If your plan is to buy and get CGC grades and you're trying for 9.6 or higher I would highly advise you avoid this seller.  If you just want them raw and don't care about grading, I still think you will definitely over pay.  I recommend, highly recommend you bid with exteme caution from this seller.   Lessons learned can be costly and finding reputable sellers takes trial and error.  Hopefully this helps.  

x-men 109.jpg

Edited by kmarty009

On 1/22/2024 at 1:32 PM, kmarty009 said:

I have bought several items over the last month from Beatle Blue Cat on eBay bidding.  He does have high bidding on his x-men comics, especailly the John Bryne/Claremont/Austin/Cockrum series.  I have bought several from this run (109, 111,116, 117, 121, 122, 124, 135) in bidding on all NM+ comics (9.6).  I clean and press comics and after finally getting to that stack to prepare for CGC I noticed various flaws that rule out 9.6.  His grades for NM+ are truly NM/NM - or VF like my x-men 109.  It is so easy to over pay, especailly when sellers grade higher than the comic should be - and I believe this seller knows it.  Great example is the x-men #109 i bought in NM+ that came back a 9.0.  You can read the grader notes CGC #4372276002.  

Bid with absolute caution,  If your plan is to buy and get CGC grades and you're trying for 9.6 or higher I would highly advise you avoid this seller.  If you just want them raw and don't care about grading, I still think you will definitely over pay.  I recommend, highly recommend you bid with exteme caution from this seller.   Lessons learned can be costly and finding reputable sellers takes trial and error.  Hopefully this helps.  

x-men 109.jpg

Hopefully you didn't overpay too much, but we've all done that. I bought a couple of books from him a LONG time ago and while they were overgraded, it certainly wasn't as egregious as I've seen with other big eBay dealers. But the major issue with this fraudster is the rampant, obvious shill-bidding on every single auction. As others have said, he doesn't even attempt to hide it anymore...he's seen that eBay doesn't care (he's been reported dozens of times by me and other boardies)...you can see numerous shill accounts with 100% of their bidding activity on his listings, and dozens...sometimes hundreds...of bid retractions. So while you will certainly receive an overgraded book if you win one of his auctions, you can also be sure the final price has been dramatically over-inflated by his fake-bid partners :boo:

Great point, you should see what his ASM #300 NM+ sold for just a couple of weeks ago.  It went for 2K raw....  A 9.6 is currently valued at 1,300 bucks and there are "Buy it Now" options around 1200 on eBay.  The bidding was insane at the last minute and I knew it was being shilled including one cancellation in the last minute.  Think about it this way, the price was artifically/intentionally inflated, his grades are inflated, could you imagine paying 2K for a NM+ sending it to CGC and getting a 9.0/9.2?  Oh man....  that would sting hard.  

BTW - I paid 370.00 for the x-men #109. 

Edited by kmarty009

On 1/24/2024 at 7:31 AM, kmarty009 said:

BTW - I paid 370.00 for the x-men #109. 

Ouch!  MCS has a CGC 9.4 consignment for $275 and another for $309:

X-men comic books issue 109 (mycomicshop.com)

I had this situation happen years ago with another known scammer.  When I Googled his Ebay name and found out he had a reputation, I messaged him through Ebay.  I said that I was going to let it go as a mistake, but now I see that he has a long history of this kind, and I would like him to accept the return or refund 30% of the purchase price.  After a brief back and forth and threats to take it straight to Ebay, he refunded 30% of the purchase price.