• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Good Ideas!

66 posts in this topic

Genre: Horror
Premise: Illustrating for Fun

Keep in mind that we will not be publishing any stories. Ever.

Basically, a coworker and I just want to start drawing and writing some horror stories on 8.5"x11" sheets of paper. A back-and-forth combination of brain teasing by playing off one another's art and/or story.

As a musician, I've always had problems writing intros. Therein lies this topic. Do you have any ideas for horror stories or characters? I told him that I have a demented mind that can conjure up some dark ideas, so don't be afraid to share some evil :censored:. lol

what kind of Genre of horror do you like? or at least like to draw? 

I think a illustrated book like "scary stories to tell in the dark" with a twisted humor might be something u might be ok at... but not kid friendly like a goosebumps kind of RL Stine kind of writing. 

always loved watching Tales from the Crypt TV show maybe a intro like the Crypt keeper on TV might be cool and follow that twisted humor through the story..

Tim did mention something about, "characters being drawn anatomically correct - no stick figures", and I threw in the idea of a kid having a flashback of seeing a skeleton, and drawing that recollection in a balloon featuring stick figures, as though the kid remembers the skeleton as purely a stick figure.

Some humor could fit, but I'm personally more interested in some serious, dark and evil horror-type stuff. I've always preferred drawing more serious scenes for characters.

OK, so there's this bloke who wants to have fun and share his comic knowledge who joins a comic forum expecting to find like minded individuals and maybe make a buddy or two. Thing is, the forum is full of stuck up righteous types with no sense of humour and the poor kid ends up getting blackballed, put on ignore and other adult stuff like that. Being a bit of a techno whizz, our spurned comic antihero reverses the polarity of the neutron flow or something technical like that, finds all his tormentors addresses and then systematically stalks them, killing each one in the same fashion each time by stuffing their most prized comics up their jacksies one by one (slabbed or not) until they explode. 

You could call it "Comics Aren't for A:censored:holes" or something like that.  A good play on words I think. The last one to die is the best as he collected Artist editions. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.5def5e92e33a0853f3c8b2aa0740909a.jpg

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

OK, so there's this bloke who wants to have fun and share his comic knowledge who joins a comic forum expecting to find like minded individuals and maybe make a buddy or two. Thing is, the forum is full of stuck up righteous types with no sense of humour and the poor kid ends up getting blackballed, put on ignore and other adult stuff like that. Being a bit of a techno whizz, our spurned comic antihero reverses the polarity of the neutron flow or something technical like that, finds all his tormentors addresses and then systematically stalks them, killing each one in the same fashion each time by stuffing their most prized comics up their jacksies one by one (slabbed or not) until they explode. 

You could call it "Comics Aren't for A:censored:holes" or something like that.  A good play on words I think. The last one to die is the best as he collected Artist editions. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.5def5e92e33a0853f3c8b2aa0740909a.jpg

:fear:

https://www.vulture.com/article/best-scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark-books.html

this might inspire you... I remember reading these stories as a kid the pictures freaked me out some stories were laughable but some were down right scary as hell.

50 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Genre: Horror
Premise: Illustrating for Fun

Keep in mind that we will not be publishing any stories. Ever.

Basically, a coworker and I just want to start drawing and writing some horror stories on 8.5"x11" sheets of paper. A back-and-forth combination of brain teasing by playing off one another's art and/or story.

As a musician, I've always had problems writing intros. Therein lies this topic. Do you have any ideas for horror stories or characters? I told him that I have a demented mind that can conjure up some dark ideas, so don't be afraid to share some evil :censored:. lol

I had the idea for a Superhero that saves people by day put is a serial killer by night. Never did anything with it. That might fit the bill??

Not big on details, but a high level thought. Starts with someone "accidentally" killing someone else. An honest accident. But the person panics. And then starts killing anyone who finds out. Killer gets paranoid and the killing progresses to anyone he "thinks" may find out. Before you know it, a whole lot of dead people. Add some kind of twist in. Like the killer runs a restaurant and is serving all the dead people as meals. 

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

Not big on details, but a high level thought. Starts with someone "accidentally" killing someone else. An honest accident. But the person panics. And then starts killing anyone who finds out. Killer gets paranoid and the killing progresses to anyone he "thinks" may find out. Before you know it, a whole lot of dead people. Add some kind of twist in. Like the killer runs a restaurant and is serving all the dead people as meals. 

That's a damn good idea, too.

How about a bloke wakes up in the night to discover that a small amphibian has taken over his backside. You could call it "The Newt On Ring Horror" :whatthe:

how about a story of a woman that marries wealthy men to kill them and inherit their riches but finds out one husband does the same things she kills him or thinks she does and he pretends to be dead or is really dead and comes back from the grave to get his revenge. 

1 minute ago, Krishosein said:

how about a story of a woman that marries wealthy men to kill them and inherit their riches but finds out one husband does the same things she kills him or thinks she does and he pretends to be dead or is really dead and comes back from the grave to get his revenge. 

I think that would take too much time to setup. Seems more like a movie/show idea than comic.

How about a killer Kangaroo . Escapes from a lab where is was being experimented on. Twice the normal size with blades affixed to its hands and feet. Wears a metal helmet with lights and beeps....uses it to communicate with humans but is pure evil. "Kangaroo Jack The Ripper". 

11 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

How about a killer Kangaroo . Escapes from a lab where is was being experimented on. Twice the normal size with blades affixed to its hands and feet. Wears a metal helmet with lights and beeps....uses it to communicate with humans but is pure evil. "Kangaroo Jack The Ripper". 

"Killer Kanga", surely?

13 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

:o