• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just So Wrong?
1 1

40 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I bought a copy of the Swedish Stalmannen No. 23, which has one of the most disturbing covers I've seen.  What on earth is going on here?:

s-l1600.jpg

But, here's the thing.  As you can see, there's an issue with the staples.  What's the best way to do a staple replacement - CGC?  And at what cost?  And what's the impact to the grade/holder?

Thanks for any insights.  I think the book needs to be preserved.  The Grand Comic Database does not have one pictured on its site, so I think this is scarce and interesting.

Edited by sfcityduck

It will get a GLOD I believe with staple replacement although I think if the staples are vintage, it may be okay.  And I assume CCS will do it.  I just have the utmost confidence in their work.

That is such an oddball cover.  Did you upload a scan to GCD?  I try to if a cover is missing or needs replacement,

What issue does it reprint?

1 hour ago, telerites said:

It will get a GLOD I believe with staple replacement although I think if the staples are vintage, it may be okay.  And I assume CCS will do it.  I just have the utmost confidence in their work.

That is such an oddball cover.  Did you upload a scan to GCD?  I try to if a cover is missing or needs replacement,

What issue does it reprint?

Don't have it in hand yet, and I don't speak Swedish.  Bought it for the cover, and just trying to get my ducks in a row about how to preserve it best.

1 hour ago, AJD said:

Cleaning the staples and putting them back is an option if they haven't rusted too far. I've done a few myself (though never to a high $ book) and I think it's the most straightforward DIY conservation technique. PM me if interested.

Thanks!  I'll wait until I see the book in person.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:34 PM, sfcityduck said:

Yesterday, I bought a copy of the Swedish Stalmannen No. 23, which has one of the most disturbing covers I've seen.  What on earth is going on here?:

s-l1600.jpg

But, here's the thing.  As you can see, there's an issue with the staples.  What's the best way to do a staple replacement - CGC?  And at what cost?  And what's the impact to the grade/holder?

Thanks for any insights.  I think the book needs to be preserved.  The Grand Comic Database does not have one pictured on its site, so I think this is scarce and interesting.

Hhoommoo cover ?

Edited by Mr bla bla

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:12 AM, sfcityduck said:

I don't have it in hand yet, and I don't speak Swedish.  

semi-pervert

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:12 AM, sfcityduck said:

, and just trying to get my ducks in a row.

Big time pervert.

1 minute ago, G G ® said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Big time pervert.

The book's at Cgc for screening, so he's a prevert.

Yeah, but he's got several ducks in a row..., :insane: 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:34 AM, sfcityduck said:

which has one of the most disturbing covers I've seen.

It would be disturbing if Batman and/or Superman were wearing lipstick. As is, it's just strange and completely devoid of context.

Edited by Lazyboy