• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

#1 Star Wars 1977 My First Comic

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This is my first post about my first comic! 
Maybe you can give me direction what the grade would be, and what the correlating value is!

So what would I pay for the grade it is in

DEFECTS:
Front: right side has little torn bit hanging loose (Very small)
          Bottom corner folding marks

Pages: Definitely not white, very bottom of a few pages have small (needle head size) perforations 

Here are some pictures:

cover.thumb.jpeg.1442e5edb917a747643d2d1793f63e19.jpeg

cartoon.jpeg

back.jpeg

ad.jpeg

Edited by TechnoThreshh
Added defects

No need to go through an expensive certification process; this is a perfect copy to read and enjoy. Just keep it in a clean bag with a standard backing board and you should be good...but at some point you may end up losing that small chip on the cover.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS and the WONDERFUL WORLD OF COMICS!!!   :foryou:

6 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

No need to go through an expensive certification process; this is a perfect copy to read and enjoy. Just keep it in a clean bag with a standard backing board and you should be good...but at some point you may end up losing that small chip on the cover.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS and the WONDERFUL WORLD OF COMICS!!!   :foryou:

Thanks a ton! I’ll make sure to preserve it like that and enjoy the copy. For a first comic I’m glad to start low and get to learn how to value the comics myself

I did overpay if the 30$ is true, but they do come as a rarity in my country (Netherlands), i paid double of that

For me it’s all about Star Wars collectibles and this was one of the missing pieces :D

Nevertheless im proud to own it and thanks for all your replies!

Edited by TechnoThreshh

1 minute ago, TechnoThreshh said:

Thanks a ton! I’ll make sure to preserve it like that and enjoy the copy. For a first comic I’m glad to start low and get to learn how to value the comics myself

I did overpay if the 30$ is true, but they do come as a rarity in my country (Netherlands), i paid double of that

Nevertheless im proud to own it and thanks for all your replies!

Thank you for responding!  

And keep in mind this hobby is usually a "win some, lose some" kind of thing...if I did it just for the money, I'd have quit a long time ago...  (thumbsu