• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LAST CALL! 60% OFF REMAINING BOOKS!!!: RECAP PG 4. Cosmic Boy's August Sales Thread

80 posts in this topic

Howdy Folks,

Been a while. Have a few books I'd like to move, maybe more depending on the interest shown.

RULES: Usual rules. First unconditional :takeit:wins. Shipping will be $8 USPS Priority. Paypal only. Canada is okay at cost for shipping/tracking. Will consider sales to longstanding non-USA members but must have long record of feedback and contact me ahead of time, shipping/tracking/insurance at cost if permission is granted. No probies or bad list users. No returns on Low Grade items unless significantly not as described. 

Edited by Cosmic Boy

SUPERBOY #2 -- USED IN SOTI -- 1st Mention of "SMALLVILLE" as Superboy's hometown

GRADE: FR 1.0

NOTES: Cover detached with 1/3 of spine split. Rolled spine. Piece out of back cover. 1st wrap bottom staple popped. Centerfold detached with some fraying and pieces of out of margin (doesn't affect story). Minor moisture damage with a little bit of minor color bleed in spots. Entry level copy of a fairly rare book.

PRICE: $250 :news: SOLD via PM

superboy 2 back.JPG

superboy 2 front.JPG

Edited by Cosmic Boy

SUPERBOY #10-- 1st appearance of LANA LANG

GRADE: GD 2.0

NOTES: Structurally nicer than a 2.0. There's some grime and obvious water damage to the front cover with color bleed. But the interior is nice and tight to the cover and in great shape. Bottom right front cover crease. If you can overlook the front cover defects, it's a pretty nice lower grade copy. 

PRICE: $200 :news:SOLD VIA PM

superboy 10 back.JPG

superboy 10 front.JPG

Edited by Cosmic Boy

I have a few more books that I'll get to tonight or tomorrow.

I also have a very nice 1940 wood-jointed Ideal Novelty Superman that I'd like to move if anybody's interested. I've never sold anything other than books on the forums, so I'm not sure if that counts as "directly comics related" or not? Don't want to break any rules.

5 hours ago, Cosmic Boy said:

I have a few more books that I'll get to tonight or tomorrow.

I also have a very nice 1940 wood-jointed Ideal Novelty Superman that I'd like to move if anybody's interested. I've never sold anything other than books on the forums, so I'm not sure if that counts as "directly comics related" or not? Don't want to break any rules.

Post it. As long as you are selling comics I doubt anyone would mind. I do it all the time and have never been hassled. Or better yet, pm me and sell it to me cheap!

1940 Ideal Novelty Wood Jointed Superman Doll

The very first superhero action figure. See pics for condition. It needs to be tightened/restrung. There are tutorials out there on how to do this or bring it to a doll shop and I'm sure they could square him away quite easily. After that, he'll be a really nice example. I believed the cape was original but after looking at some other pictures I'm not sure. I'm also not sure on any amateur color touch over the years so I would assume there has probably been some as the previous owner didn't seem to know much about it. I've done nothing to it. Not really my area of expertise either, so make your judgement based off pics. I will include the doll holder as well. Similar condition sold in June for $950 on eBay. One without a head just sold for almost $500 on eBay

PRICE: $950 850 shipped

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190820143808103_COVER.thumb.jpg.ce301b1575b3ed6a23cefada0b80b492.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190820143754792.thumb.jpg.2752b25854aa44d5dea14f7635224668.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190820143734988.thumb.jpg.df0460351f22dbe0e82fb08b501cdfac.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190820143727919.thumb.jpg.d2fe6f58b1c77f41fc4f790174c8c534.jpg

Edited by Cosmic Boy

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #12 -- 3rd Doc Ock

GRADE: .5 POOR

NOTES: Tough, beat up entry level copy. Cover detached. Nearly split completely. Pieces missing from both sides of cover. A little moisture damage on the back cover. Interior is complete and readable with a minor tear or two.

PRICE: $40 :news: SOLD!

asm 12.JPG

Edited by Cosmic Boy

TALES TO ASTONISH #38 - 1st Egghead

NOTES: Cover is detached and pretty trashed with water damage, pieces missing, tears, splitting, writing, you name it, the works. Interior is complete and readable. Basic filler copy.

PRICE: $20 :news: SOLD

tta 38.JPG

Edited by Cosmic Boy

STRANGE TALES ANNUAL #2 -- Very Early Spider-Man Appearance

NOTES: Cover is detached and in rough shape. Lots of tape and very nearly split completely with some pieces missing from spine/cover. Interior is complete and readable albeit with tape on the outer wrap. 

PRICE: $35 :news: SOLD

strange.JPG

Edited by Cosmic Boy

ADVENTURE COMICS #283 -- 1st General Zod & Phantom Zone

GRADE: 1.0 FAIR

NOTES: Cover is detached and mostly split. Interior is complete and readable. Presents fairly well for the grade.

PRICE: $50 :news: SOLD

adv 283.JPG

Edited by Cosmic Boy

BATMAN #251 -- CLASSIC JOKER COVER

GRADE: 1.0 FAIR

NOTES: Cover detached and reattached with two pieces of masking tape to first page. Tape is probably removable under great care. Interior complete and readable. I remember when this used to be a fairly cheap book, now it's hotter than Hades.

PRICE: $70 :news: SOLD

bat 251.JPG

Edited by Cosmic Boy

SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #134 -- 1st Darkseid

NOTES: Cover detached. A little marker on the front cover. Minor moisture damage first wrap. Small piece out of first page that affects the story slightly, otherwise complete and readable. Basic filler copy.

PRICE: $35 :news: SOLD!

jimmy 134.JPG

Edited by Cosmic Boy

54 minutes ago, Cosmic Boy said:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #12 -- 3rd Doc Ock 

NOTES: Tough, beat up entry level copy. Cover detached. Nearly split completely. Pieces missing from both sides of cover. A little moisture damage on the back cover. Interior is complete and readable with a minor tear or two.

PRICE: $40

asm 12.JPG

:takeit:

DETECTIVE COMICS #411 -- 1st Talia al Ghul

NOTES: A personal favorite issue of mine. Large piece out of cover. Otherwise just general wear consistent with the grade. Cover is firmly attached and interior is nice, complete and readable. 

PRICE: $35 :news:SOLD!

tec 411.JPG

Edited by Cosmic Boy

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Boy said:

SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #134 -- 1st Darkseid

NOTES: Cover detached. A little marker on the front cover. Minor moisture damage first wrap. Small piece out of first page that affects the story slightly, otherwise complete and readable. Basic filler copy.

PRICE: $35

jimmy 134.JPG

Just now, Cosmic Boy said:

DETECTIVE COMICS #411 -- 1st Talia al Ghul

NOTES: A personal favorite issue of mine. Large piece out of cover. Otherwise just general wear consistent with the grade. Cover is firmly attached and interior is nice, complete and readable. 

PRICE: $35

tec 411.JPG