• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ONSITE GRADING

7 posts in this topic

I'm sure someone here could answer, but I'm even more sure if you call/email CGC customer service they will be able to answer the question for you.

good luck

It’s been a few years since I did on site but basically if they take in too many books they might shut it down for Sunday but usually I think you can get something in if you’re very early on Sunday

On 8/20/2019 at 4:44 PM, MARK1025 said:

I am considering having a comic graded onsite at the philadelphia show, if i go to the sunday show do they have it done by the end of the day? and how do you decide what is the declared value if it hasnt been graded yet

Greetings. You are expected to list the declared value. If you are submitting the book, you should have a feel for the grade. The Sunday question is tough. It really depends if they have time. I would not go any later than first thing on Sunday. Even if they take it on Sunday it may not get finished on SUnday and it will go back with them.  

The declared value is really for shipping purposes and for them to tell you how much you owe.  Look at the pricing thresholds and determine if it’s close. And pick the lower :-). If it goes too high they will let you know you owe more but hey. A higher grade is good 

On 8/20/2019 at 5:44 PM, MARK1025 said:

I am considering having a comic graded onsite at the philadelphia show, if i go to the sunday show do they have it done by the end of the day? and how do you decide what is the declared value if it hasnt been graded yet

A very hectic weekend for the folks at CGC. The earlier you can submit your book, the better. Good luck!  :wishluck:

Edited by The Lions Den