• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Assistance required ASAP

32 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Thanks everyone for all the Swift responses, and knowledge on this subject. I'm glad everything worked out without conflict. Appreciate you all. :foryou:

Just a couple comments.

Your rules would appear* to cover you BUT your sales thread OP with your rules was edited right around the time you agreed to the sale to the second buyer...when it comes to board disputes it's always better to leave stuff intact then deal with the problems if they arise by doing stuff like this thread to sort stuff out.  

*The current wording of your rule re: "first unconditional wins, (honored above PMs)" doesn't make sense an unconditional is unconditional regardless of whether it's in the thread or in a PM....so you should be saying "first unconditional in thread" trumps PMs but I don't think your eventual buyer paid based on listed price (unconditional) either since I'm guessing unconditional means :takeit:

I'm just pointing out areas where you could have run into problems in a worst case scenario.  I have no idea if your edit was even relevant to the PM reference but any edit creates an issue..... Thankfully the new guy is reasonable and didn't choose to be an overly officious jerk about it...:shy:    

9 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Just a couple comments.

Your rules would appear* to cover you BUT your sales thread OP with your rules was edited right around the time you agreed to the sale to the second buyer...when it comes to board disputes it's always better to leave stuff intact then deal with the problems if they arise by doing stuff like this thread to sort stuff out.  

*The current wording of your rule re: "first unconditional wins, (honored above PMs)" doesn't make sense an unconditional is unconditional regardless of whether it's in the thread or in a PM....so you should be saying "first unconditional in thread" trumps PMs but I don't think your eventual buyer paid based on listed price (unconditional) either since I'm guessing unconditional means :takeit:

I'm just pointing out areas where you could have run into problems in a worst case scenario.  I have no idea if your edit was even relevant to the PM reference but any edit creates an issue..... Thankfully the new guy is reasonable and didn't choose to be an overly officious jerk about it...:shy:    

Yes I should change that to unconditional. My edits are to change just the title of the thread, to update people on the main page of changes in discounts/new books listed. I will change that asap, to avoid any future conflict. 

I changed the rules in my thread to reflect @bababooey suggestion. Thanks for your help. Also @revat :

Eric,

Allow me to make it up to you, you may take an extra 10% off of newly listed, or pre-existing discounted item. I appreciate your forgiveness of the situation, thanks again.

-Rich

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Mods have to approve your first post.

And new members have to spend time in the basement with me before approval. banana052.gif

We need to determine how bad they want to be a part of this great fraternity.   action-smiley-073.gif

3 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

He seems like a nice new member. I would be glad to give him a "private discount".

pervert

4 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Mods have to approve your first post.

Whatdoyaknow?  This is true:  

So, you have to sit around and stu until you know if you are acceptable. :grin: