• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Assistance required ASAP

32 posts in this topic

Hello all, Monday night I was listing books for sale in my modern thread. I received a pm from a NEW.(0 post) member. He told me he was interested in my book, and asked if it was available. I told him yes, to just quote under the picture of the book, and say "take it". 

He stated he did this but it was hidden. I responded to him, to try again to just reply to the thread and state what book he wanted. He didn't respond to this pm, and I just figured that was it. I cut another deal with another member who I have dealt with multiple times, and he purchased the book in a lot. 

I wake up this morning to a notification, that mysteriously boots me back to Monday night, and now the new member's "take it" is visible. What the hell do I do!?! The book is already claimed now, and was done so without any indication, that he still wanted it. I was not ignoring the user, and would've gladly sold it to him. But now a lot more issues are present. 

Thoughts?

Edited by maidenmate91

6 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Hello all, Monday night I was listing books for sale in my modern thread. I received a pm from a NEW.(0 post) member. He told me he was interested in my book, and asked if it was available. I told him yes, to just quote under the picture of the book, and say "take it". 

He stated he did this but it was hidden. I responded to him, to try again to just reply to the thread and state what book he wanted. He didn't respond to this pm, and I just figured that was it. I cut another deal with another member who I have dealt with multiple times, and he purchased the book in a lot. 

I wake up this morning to a notification, that mysteriously boots me back to Monday night, and now the new member's "take it" is visible. What the hell do I do!?! The book is already claimed now, and was done so without any indication, that he still wanted it. I was not ignoring the user, and would've gladly sold it to him. But now a lot more issues are present. 

Thoughts?

There are some system barriers relating to zero post members in place I believe. For example, they are invisible to the rest of us until they post. It may be that their opening post(s) may need verification by a mod before they are physically posted - that rings a bell from before. I think it was to stop people creating shills and causing problems.

If so, it is not your fault and there would have been nothing you could do about it. My view would be that you honour the existing sale and the new / zero poster has missed out if those are the rules of the game here.

@dena can you clarify?

at least you PM him again and he didn't respond so you thought it was done I see no harm no foul you were doing the best you can given the situation and attempted to re contact with no response. 

Has the 0 post person PM you about the book?

I definitely don't want to push away my current sale with my repeated buyer. I agree with you, that he unfortunately just missed out due to the limitations of new members. My only thoughts are that once the post is approved and becomes visible, the time stamp should be that of the time it was approved. Not the date of the attempted post, that way this kind of fiasco never happens again.

2 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

at least you PM him again and he didn't respond so you thought it was done I see no harm no foul you were doing the best you can given the situation and attempted to re contact with no response. 

Has the 0 post person PM you about the book?

Not yet I PM'd him about it, as soon as I saw it. I feel bad, but I don't want to spoil the deal I made with another buyer(fair and square) I have purchased off of him, and he has purchased off of me multiple times. I really don't wish to ruin our buyer/seller relationship. 

This is my pm to him today:

Eric I don't know why or how this happened. Your post literally just became visible, but the time stamp is still Monday night. I have never seen this before. Another gentleman claimed the book in a lot last night. I'm truly sorry but, your post didn't even exist till this morning in my thread. The book has already been taken as of last night. I apologise for the inconvenience. 

-Rich

52 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Thoughts?

Did you know which book he was interested in?  If so perhaps you should have marked it 'on hold' until the problem was resolved.

I didn't realize a first post had to be vetted by the mods.  Makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Did you know which book he was interested in?  If so perhaps you should have marked it 'on hold' until the problem was resolved.

I didn't realize a first post had to be vetted by the mods.  Makes sense. 

This is true, I'm just not into holding a cheap book. It can heavily reduce the chance of it selling, if it falls through. But maybe I can start doing that, I usually just tell them to claim it in the thread ASAP and that usually works out. If they miss out, it's not a problem, because its stated in my rules that take its in thread Trump pms. 

I replied: 

Not a problem, sorry it occurred that way. Things aren't usually this complicated. Once you get your account approved for posts, it should all be smooth sailing from then on. Welcome to the boards, and please feel free to purchase off me still. 

-Rich

14 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

He just responded: 

That is fine, sorry to have caused trouble. I think because it was a new account, the posts didn’t show. I’ll get the next one. 😁

Seems to be resolved then. 

Good for him.