• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn about to get hot?

12 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, lanternfan55 said:

Came across this little bit of news. It was rumored for a while that Spawn would be in MK11 as DLC but now its confirmed. Think this will cause a rise in the older spawn comics?

69661444_2304565173138098_8469568459947114496_n.jpg

maybe a tiny bump for comic gamers but I would say not really unless the character gets some serious buzz and other media influences. 

I've never seen super-hero videogames stimulating much interest in the comics, not even with the Arkham Series or the recent PS4 Spider-Man.

Edited by Ken Aldred

22 minutes ago, lanternfan55 said:

Came across this little bit of news. It was rumored for a while that Spawn would be in MK11 as DLC but now its confirmed. Think this will cause a rise in the older spawn comics?

Joker's in it too?!?!  I better go out and buy a Batman #1.

Spawn has already been heating up due to the new movie, nostalgia, etc. It seems to be selling as strongly as it could already, for a book with such high print runs (in the early issues), and later low print issues have sold at a premium for some time now. I can't see the game making much more of an impact, but the short answer is: Spawn is already hot!