• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! I'm not going to get rich on this JUNK SALE!
4 4

123 posts in this topic

Got a nice pile of stuff this time. Mostly less expensive but interesting stuff. I have been lucky to find quite a bit since my last sale. In addition to comics, I will have plenty of the "other stuff" I usually mix in here. This sale will run for a few days so stay tuned...

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $6.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. More than that will have flat rate postage costs quoted. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. Other items will have postage quoted when I know buyer's location.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

I prefer checks and money orders as to not run up my PayPal tally too much but will also accept Paypal if you prefer.  

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Green Lantern #14 Winter 1944

Classic GL Sphinx cover! Cool contents

Cover neatly detached from book. Small tear at top of spine and lower left corner as well as bottom staple. Spine wear. A couple tiny pieces out of right edge. Slightly tanned but supple with nice interior pages.

WAS $160.

NOW $150. (Now LESS what I paid the beautiful Sharon right here on the boards a couple years ago)

greenlantern1.jpg

greenlantern2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wanted #51 Dec 1952

Classic later issue with the "Holiday of Horror" Junkie drug use story. Very graphic. Whole book full of violence. Brutal Buscema cover. Tough to find late issue.

Covers are neatly split and detached. Small piece out of spine. Interior pages are neatly split about 1/3rd way up from bottom. Can be read carefully and easily.

$50.

wanted1.jpg

wanted2.jpg

wanted3.jpg

wanted4.jpg

wanted5.jpg

Every Day is a Holiday 1955 Holly Sugar Giveaway

16 pages on newsprint

Cool promo book. Each page is a story of a different holiday. Real nice interior art and very fun!

Front cover (1st page) is neatly detached from rest of book. A little tanned but supple and readable.

WAS $15.

NOW $10.

hollyday1.jpg

hollyday2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Here's a cool early one...

Feature Books #3 "Popeye and the Jeep" 1936 David McKay

Big, fat early book. The lady I bought it from called it a coloring book but I knew better. Rare book...

Has a neat 4" lower spine split. Also a top 2" tear/split at spine. Center staple well attached. Minor corner and edge wear. A few small edge tears and creases. Very lightly tanned interior pages but very supple and can be handled easily. Nice color and a fun story.

WAS $120.

NOW $90. (Now, that’s a serious price drop! I just don’t need two of these)

popeyejeep1.jpg

popeyejeep2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

The MAD World of William M Gaines by Frank Jacobs 1972 published by Lyle Stewart Hardback Book

Great biography of Gaines including his early life, through EC and up to 1972. Nice photo section.

No duty jacket but otherwise complete and nice.

Comes with an extra freebee. An old pre-MAD Alfred E Neuman postcard!

$20. (postage will be either media mail or flat rate, buyer's choice)

gainesbook1.jpg

gainesbook2.jpg

gainesbook3.jpg

gainesbook4.jpg

alfredpicture.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Harvey Comics Hits #1 "Teen Age Dope Slaves" 1952

Used in Seduction of the Innocent on page 27. What can be said about this book that hasn't already been said? Was a grail for me 30 years ago when I first saw it. Still in high demand and doesn't come around all that often.

The book is coverless with a one sided color copy front cover. From a large collection of coverless books I recently ran into. Lots of cool stuff but this was a real stand out. Clean, solid, otherwise complete copy otherwise.

$100. or pay multiples of guide for a nicer complete copy...

dopeslaves1.jpg

dopeslaves2.jpg

dopeslaves3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD! Via PM

Sea Devils #1 Oct 1961

Awsome Russ Heath "grey tone" cover. Incredible Heath art throughout!

A nice. clean, solid copy with great color. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Off white interior paper. Got a problem though. Some dumb kid cut a small circle out of one interior panel. Didn't know when I bought it. My loss is your gain and still an incredible read.

$55.

seadevils1.jpg

seadevils2.jpg

seadevils3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Made a nice find of high grade Big Little Books last weekend. This is one of the best ones condition wise.

Lone Ranger "And the Red Renegades" #1489 1939. About as nice as these come with, sight smooth full paper spine. Square, un-bent corners. And Beautiful, off white interior pages.

$50. about 1/2 or less of Overstreet

lonerangerblb1.jpg

lonerangerblb2.jpg

lonerangerblb3.jpg

Devil-Dog Dugan #2 Sept 1956 Atlas Pubs

Short lived and tough series. John Severin cover. Best cover in the run with Dugan reading a comic book on the cover! Has some good girl art as well.

Has a few tiny chips out of corners. A few tiny corner creases and a tiny waterspot in upper right corner. Has a tiny "tack" hole through book. Cover and centerfold bound well to covers. Clean, supple interior pages.

WAS $100.

OK how about $90.? Super tough and what a great cover!

devildog1.jpg

devildog2.jpg

devildog3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Famous Fantastic Mysteries Sept 1943

Outstanding Virgil Finlay cover!

Nice, bright, complete copy with full paper spine. Some minor back spine splits. Cover bound well to book. Usual small edge tears and minor corner wear. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with a few first page dog eared corners.

$25. (Still well worth it...)

fantasticmysteries9:43a.jpg

fantasticmysteries9:43b.jpg

fantasticmysteries9:43c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Mystic #54 Dec 1956

Fantastic Bill Everett cover. With that classic signature. One of my favorites!

Sharp, flat, glossy with great color. Complete with book and centerfold bound tight to covers. Nice off white interior paper. Very minor wear. But dumb old Judy had to sign her name across the guy's cheek...

$80.

mystic1.jpg

mystic2.jpg

Exploits of Daniel Boone #1 Nov 1955

Nice Cuidera interior art. Unusual book. First I've seen.

Book neatly detached from covers. Spine split up to bottom staple. Several lower right corner creases as well as creases on back cover edge. Slightly yellowed but supple interior pages.

WAS $15.

How about $10.?

danielboone1.jpg

danielboone2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Al Feldstein "The complete Junior and Sunny" Hardbound book Edited by Grant Geissman. 2014

Lavishly printed. Reprints all the Junior and Sunny Fox comics with a great intro by Al including a history of his work in comics and these books. If you are not Ricksneatstuff, :baiting: and can't afford the originals, this is for you. A must read. GGA at it's finest!

As a bonus...I will through in a publisher's promo pin as well.

Read once, carefully by me.

$40. (postage will be be either my media mail or flat rate, buyer's choice)

juniorbook1.jpg

juniorbook2.jpg

juniorbook3.jpg

juniorbook4.jpg

juniorbook5.jpg

juniorbook6.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Buzzy #59 Oct 1954

Great GGA cover with futuristic sports car. A

Lots of GGA teen age stuff inside and an ad for Jimmy Olsen #1.

This title is VERY underrated.

A real nice, flat, bright, clean, complete copy. Small stains on front and back cover edges. Just minor wear. Tight copy with off white interior pages.

WAS $35.

NOW $30. Or back in my teenage boxes it goes...

buzzy1.jpg

buzzy2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man