• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! I'm not going to get rich on this JUNK SALE!
4 4

123 posts in this topic

SOLD via PM

The Animal World Four Color #713 1956

Cool Dinosaur cover!

Very slight spine roll. Has some tiny spine creases. Back cover has an upper left corner crease. Just general wear. Tightly bound copy with yellowed and supple pages.

$10.

animalworld1.jpg

animalworld2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM

People ask me all the time... Robot Man, "How do you know so much about all these premiums, pinbacks, toys and stuff?" Well, to be honest, it's about 50 years of chasing it. But along the way this book has helped my out a lot.

Hakes Guide to Character Toys  This fat 940 page book documents just about every know item in this category with photos and info. Just open it to any page and dig in. Will be hard to put down and the knowledge you will get in invaluble. The prices are old school and very high but it is like the Overstreet Guide for this stuff. All organized alphabeticaly. Must have item...

This is the 4th edition and has been updated a couple of times but beleive me, you wouldn't be missing much.

$20. (plus either media mail or flat rate, buyer's choice)

hakesbooksmall1.jpg

hakesbooksmall2.jpg

hakesbooksmall3.jpg

hakesbooksmall4.jpg

hakesbooksmall5.jpg

hakesbooksmall6.jpg

hakesbooksmall7.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

The MAD World of William M Gaines by Frank Jacobs 1972 published by Lyle Stewart Hardback Book

Great biography of Gaines including his early life, through EC and up to 1972. Nice photo section.

No duty jacket but otherwise complete and nice.

Comes with an extra freebee. An old pre-MAD Alfred E Neuman postcard!

$20. (postage will be either media mail or flat rate, buyer's choice)

gainesbook1.jpg

gainesbook2.jpg

gainesbook3.jpg

gainesbook4.jpg

alfredpicture.jpg

:takeit:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Al Feldstein "The complete Junior and Sunny" Hardbound book Edited by Grant Geissman. 2014

Lavishly printed. Reprints all the Junior and Sunny Fox comics with a great intro by Al including a history of his work in comics and these books. If you are not Ricksneatstuff, :baiting: and can't afford the originals, this is for you. A must read. GGA at it's finest!

As a bonus...I will through in a publisher's promo pin as well.

Read once, carefully by me.

$40. (postage will be be either my media mail or flat rate, buyer's choice)

juniorbook1.jpg

juniorbook2.jpg

juniorbook3.jpg

juniorbook4.jpg

juniorbook5.jpg

juniorbook6.jpg

I'm not Rick so I'll take it!

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Harvey Comics Hits #1 "Teen Age Dope Slaves" 1952

Used in Seduction of the Innocent on page 27. What can be said about this book that hasn't already been said? Was a grail for me 30 years ago when I first saw it. Still in high demand and doesn't come around all that often.

The book is coverless with a one sided color copy front cover. From a large collection of coverless books I recently ran into. Lots of cool stuff but this was a real stand out. Clean, solid, otherwise complete copy otherwise.

$100. or pay multiples of guide for a nicer complete copy...

dopeslaves1.jpg

dopeslaves2.jpg

dopeslaves3.jpg

what the hell gotta have it TAKE!!

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Axmen gets the Dope Slaves. Great bargain copy, you will love it. Thank you sir!

its cool that the first page is the cover pic anyway!  Thanks Mr. Robot

Had a little time this morning so I thought I'd pump out some more junk...

Blue Beetle #26 Oct 1943

Book is detached from the single rusted staple. a small tear at spine at bottom of the dialogue box on cover. A few small, light cover water spots. Centerfold neatly detached. Yellowed, but supple interior pages. Fun reader.

WAS $50.

NOW $45. (For a wartime Fox? Come on...)

bluebeetle1.jpg

bluebeetle2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Pair of Tom Corbett Space Cadet books

#6 May-July 1953

Solid, clean, tight copy. Has some long cover creases but no pieces out or tears. Cover bound tight to yellowed but plyable pages

#9 Feb-April 1954

Solid, tight complete reader. Creases, tape pull? at top, pencil writing in title, some cover staining. but tight and very readable.

$20. for the pair

tomcorbett1.jpg

tomcorbett2.jpg

True Sport Picture Stories V2#6 April 1944

Dixie Walker baseball cover. Part comics, part sports photos.

A real nice, sharp, tight, clean complete copy. Smooth, tight spine with cover and centerfold bound tight to book. (single staple book). No tears, creases or missing pieces. Flat and bright with just minor wear.

WAS $40.

NOW $35. 

truesport1.jpg

truesport2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM

Mickey Mouse "In the Foreign Legion" Big Little Book #1428 1940 Gottfriedson art I believe

A very nice, sharp copy with full, smooth, well attached spine. A small, minor tear at bottom of back cover spine. Very light corner and edge wear. Tight, pretty copy.

$45.

mickeyblb1.jpg

mickeyblb2.jpg

mickeyblb3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Tell it to the Marines #5 Nov 1952

Underrated war GGA title. Has lots of GGA as well as pin up stuff. War with a smile! Camera cover for those who collect them...

Tight, clean complete copy. Has a little spine wear, a few small creases (including a long "subscription" one down center). Tiny piece out of bottom of cover. Book and centerfold still attached fairly well to covers. Nice interior pages. If I didn't have a better one, I'd keep it for sure.

WAS $45.

NOW $40. (Cheap date!)

tellittomarines5a.jpg

tellittomarines5b.jpg

tellittomarines5c.jpg

tellittomarines5d.jpg

tellittomarines5e.jpg

tellittomarines5f.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Underworld True Crime Stories #2 April-May 1948

One of the best crime titles. Used in Seduction of the Innocent page 95 (female electrocution panel). Full of GGA, Lingerie and graphic violence.

A low grade but complete copy. Spine is rolled and flattened. There is bug and water damage down right side of book. Book is dirty but solid. Some spine tears. A filler copy and cheap for the lurid contents!

$25.

underworld1.jpg

underworld2.jpg

underworld3.jpg

underworld4.jpg

underworld5.jpg

underworld6.jpg

underworld7.jpg

underworld8.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM

Melvin the Monster #1 July 1956 (Atlas Publications)

Maneely cover. Real scarce Atlas book. Their Answer to Dennis the Menace. First one I've seen

Has spotting, small, tears, wrinkles and creases. Bound a little off. Complete and solid. And, did I say scarce?

$15.

melvin1.jpg

melvin2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Collectibly MAD Book. 1995 by my good friend Grant Geissman. Grant is the connsumate MAD and EC authority. He went to NY and met extensively with Bill Gaines to put this wonderful volume out. He also reached out to the biggest MADmen in the country for material including humbly yours truely. It covers EC and MAD from the beginning and before. Everything you ever want to know about the subject is covered with photos and commentary. Best book on the subject ever produced!

WAS $30. "Cheap" as MAD used to say on their covers. plus either media mail or flat rate postage, buyer's choice.

NOW $25. 

collectiblymad1.jpg

collectiblymad2.jpg

collectiblymad3.jpg

collectiblymad4.jpg

collectiblymad5.jpg

collectiblymad6.jpg

collectiblymad7.jpg

collectiblymad8.jpg

collectiblymad9.jpg

collectiblymad10.jpg

Edited by Robot Man