• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! I'm not going to get rich on this JUNK SALE!
4 4

123 posts in this topic

Men in Action #5 Aug 1952

One of the best Maneely war covers. Very brutal black cover. Real violent contents with nice art. Cool ad for the Major Mars Rocket Ring inside. Atlas war seems to have really been gathering steam lately. Especially the stand out covers like this one.

Nice looking copy especially for a black cover book. Has a long, thin "subscription" crease down center. Top and bottom corners have small creases. No pieces missing or tears. Has that nice "spot gloss" common to Atlas. Smooth, tight spine. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

WAS $125.

NOW $100. this will be cheap soon...

meninaction1.jpg

meninaction2.jpg

meninaction3.jpg

meninaction4.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Uncle Scrooge #28 Dec-Feb 1960

Great Barks coin collecting black cover gag cover. Has the classic "Paul Bunyan Machine" story inside.

Sharp, clean, tight, glossy and complete. Has a thin "subscription" crease down the center. Sharp corners, no tears, or creases to speak of and no pieces missing. Book and centerfold tight to covers. Off white interior pages.

WAS $25.

How ‘bout $20.?

scrooge28a.jpg

scrooge28b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Adventures in Disneyland by Richfield 1955 Richfield Oil Giveaway

16 pages on newsprint. From the first year the park opened. Great story of a kid's day at the park. Features all the original rides many of which are now long gone. Great ad for the Richfield Autopia on inside back cover. Was probably given to kids who rode the ride. Due to it's fragile nature, not many around especially in decent shape.

Clean, flat copy with nice color. Tiny tips off top right and left corners of cover. Has a small 1/4" tear through book at bottom and a small 3/8" tear in back cover edge. A few minor wrinkles. Presents very nice. Scarce.

$50. I hate the saying too, but I don't mind keeping it...

disneyland1.jpg

disneyland2.jpg

Hot Rods and Racing Cars #22 May 1955 Charlton Pubs

Wild car crash cover. Great gear head car stories inside.

Real, nice, bright, tight, complete copy. Very small tear at bottom staple. Slight bend at top by issue number. First page has a neat tear from top about 2/3rds down. Light general wear. Spine is smooth and tight. Off white to white interior pages.

$20.

hotrods1.jpg

hotrods2.jpg

Sparkler #100 July-Aug 1951

Great 100th issue from one of those very early comic book titles. Cool issue with a racist story, Nancy and Sluggo, an ad for the Tom Corbett Rocket Cereal Rings and to top it off a wild Casey Ruggles story with bondage, man attacked by a giant eagle and human sacrifice!

Clean, tight, complete copy with a tight, smooth spine. Slight spine roll as made. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Nice off white interior pages.

$25.

sparkler1.jpg

sparkler2.jpg

sparkler3.jpg

sparkler4.jpg

sparkler5.jpg

sparkler6.jpg

sparkler7.jpg

SOLD!

Prize Comics #42 June 1944

Classic Frankenstein splash and story with Frankie as a Gestapo officer! Nice Flying Fist and Bingo Horror story. Lots of WWII content. Super Hot title right now. I look high and low for them and rarely come across them. If I do, they cost me. Overstreet is still way out to lunch on this title.

A sad copy... Centerfold is out. Affects the Ted O' Neil story. Frankenstein and Yank & Doodle as well as all other features are complete. Book has seen some water. Single staple has rusted through to center. Cover still bound well to book. Stains and general wear. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Supple interior paper. Just a cheap filler for the bargain minded. Prize Comics don't come a lot cheaper than this...

$75.

prize1.jpg

prize3.jpg

prize2.jpg

prize4.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

OK, here is a very cool item!

MAD's Greatest Artists The Completely MAD Don Martin. This is a lavish, large 2 volume slipcased set comprising everything this iconic artist ever did for MAD Magazine. 2007 by Running Press. Forward by Gary Larson who was most certianly influenced by Don. Tributes and stories by MAD staffers that worked with him. Black and white and color with all kinds of extra stuff. Took me weeks to read and digest. Can't recommend this enough!

$65. + Media Mail postage to the buyer. This massive volume is over 15 pounds and large so I doubt it can go flat rate.

How about $60.?

donmartinbooks1.jpg

donmartinbooks2.jpg

donmartinbooks3.jpg

donmartinbooks4.jpg

donmartinbooks5.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Justice Traps the Guilty #33 Dec 1951

Cool fun zone roller coaster cover! Simon and Kirby. Full of violent, crime stories.

Real nice, clean, tight complete copy. Has a small tip of cover off lower right corner. Slight bend in lower left corner of book. Couple of tiny edge tears. Bright color, nice interior paper and spine is tight. Book and centerfold well attached to covers.

WAS $35.

NOW $30.

justicetrapstheguilty1.jpg

justicetrapstheguilty2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Ronald McDonald #1 Sept 1970

Here is one weird Charlton! Never knew about this one until I stumbled into it.

Slightly rolled spine (as bound). Small waterspot at top of cover. A couple small corner and bottom creases. Centerfold neatly detached. Some one put two extra un-needed staples at top and bottom of spine from some interior pages out. Weird... Tight, clean copy with no tears or missing pieces. Grab a weird one!

$20.

ronaldmcdonald1.jpg

ronaldmcdonald2.jpg

War Heroes #8 April 1953

Violent and tough to find Ace war title.

Tight, glossy, complete copy with smooth spine and nice color. Has a couple small pieces out of top of cover and top right corner. No tears or creases. Tightly bound copy with off white interior pages.

$25.

warheroes1.jpg

warheroes2.jpg

Uncle Scrooge #29 March-May 1960

Nice, clean, tight, complete copy. Has some light spotting on top and right side edges. A few very tiny chips out of top cover edge. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Smooth, tight, spine. Book and centerfold well attached to off white pages.

WAS $20.

NOW $15.

scrooge29a.jpg

scrooge29b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Plastic Man #61 April 1956

Cool, horror/sci-fi cover and story. Outstanding art in here. No wonder it was published by "Quality".

Lots of overall wear. Numerous small creases, edge tears, wrinkles. Bottom staple is neatly popped. Still attached at top staple. Small name stamped on cover. No pieces missing. Yellowed but supple interior paper.

$25.

plasticman1.jpg

plasticman2.jpg

SOLD!

Famous Fantastic Mysteries June 1947

Beautiful Virgil Finlay GGA cover.

Very nice condition for a pulp! Flat, square, tight spine with full paper. Only a couple tiny edge tears. Yellowed but nice and supple interior paper. Very bright and clean with no creases. I wish all pulps looked this nice!

$25.

fantasticmysteries6:47a.jpg

fantasticmysteries6:47b.jpg

fantasticmysteries6:47c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM

OK, last one today. And this is simply classic!

132 Roman Soldiers!

Yep, this is the one you have seen so many times on the backs of early 1960's comic books. The one with the fantastic Russ Heath ad. Come on, didn't you want to send away for these as a kid?

This is a lot of 123. (sorry, some kid lost or broke a couple). Still you can have quite a war with these. All except one are excellent condition and un-broken. Pretty good track record for these. These are all original and would be the talk of any comic book discussion thread or comic con. I will include a copy of the ad if you need it but suspect you really won't.

$75. for a true taste of comic book history!

Don't "like it" just buy it!

comicbookromansad.jpg

comicbookromans.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Famous Fantastic Mysteries June 1947

Beautiful Virgil Finlay GGA cover.

Very nice condition for a pulp! Flat, square, tight spine with full paper. Only a couple tiny edge tears. Yellowed but nice and supple interior paper. Very bright and clean with no creases. I wish all pulps looked this nice!

$25.

fantasticmysteries6:47a.jpg

fantasticmysteries6:47b.jpg

fantasticmysteries6:47c.jpg

She’s purdy. Take please.