• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inside Jokes only the Comics Section of the CGC Boards Would Get...
4 4

407 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

Red Rocks.....  lol

Designer Toast was SO PISSED !!!  

He started a thread to air all his grievances and give voice to his volcanic fury !! 

Now that I think about it, didn't Red Rocks wife join the forums right then just to defend her husband and fire back a few shots ? 

Ohhhh yeah... 

Then we did not know if it was really his wife or Red Rocks posing as his wife... 

Teehee... 

Follow up - I just went to Red Rock's closed account.  Looks like almost everything from the point of sale of the book to Beige was deleted or locked and hidden by the mods.  I was around back then and remembered RR being pretty arrogant about the whole thing after DT exposed the "true collector" line that he ran.  

To @Designer Toast What happened to him influenced me as a seller.  When I was raising money to gain a larger down payment for the house I put a few pieces of art up for sale.  This guy contacted me and wanted to buy it but he just could not afford it.  He told me he was a true collector and that he really wanted it as he was always looking for bronze age art from his favorite artists of his favorite characters. I refused to budge and he wound up buying it at full price from me over eBay asking me to promise to let him know if I out any other bronze age art up for sale.  I said sure and moved on. 

@Columbia Comics sends me a text one day over the summer.  He asks if I was aware that the page of art I sold was in the new Comiclink auction.  I was completely unaware of it.  So I did what anyone in that position would do.  I bid on and made sure I WON the piece back... at well under half the price I sold it to the guy for.   I eventually got back in touch with the buyer to let him know I had another bronze age piece of art for sale... heh heh... 

Why? Because why not... 

It's not even my favorite page but I love the story behind it so it is framed and hanging on the wall. Images are of my winning bid announcement which is still visible in my winnings list at CLink and a scan of the page itself.  If the buyer is a member of the boards he has never said anything about it. lol 

So if DT can take any solace in any of that mess it is that his ordeal made others aware of that line and that eventually they are found out in a way that allows others to screw with them. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 1.33.14 AM.png

RAD1EEED20161010_174515.jpg

9 minutes ago, Senormac said:

???  What happened Buzzetta ? 

I wanted to tag DT in the post in a relevant story so I x'd it and re-wrote it while tagging a couple of people. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Ohhhh yeah... 

Then we did not know if it was really his wife or Red Rocks posing as his wife... 

Teehee... 

Follow up - I just went to Red Rock's closed account.  Looks like almost everything from the point of sale of the book to Beige was deleted or locked and hidden by the mods.  I was around back then and remembered RR being pretty arrogant about the whole thing after DT exposed the "true collector" line that he ran.  

To @Designer Toast What happened to him influenced me as a seller.  When I was raising money to gain a larger down payment for the house I put a few pieces of art up for sale.  This guy contacted me and wanted to buy it but he just could not afford it.  He told me he was a true collector and that he really wanted it as he was always looking for bronze age art from his favorite artists of his favorite characters. I refused to budge and he wound up buying it at full price from me over eBay asking me to promise to let him know if I out any other bronze age art up for sale.  I said sure and moved on. 

@Columbia Comics sends me a text one day over the summer.  He asks if I was aware that the page of art I sold was in the new Comiclink auction.  I was completely unaware of it.  So I did what anyone in that position would do.  I bid on and made sure I WON the piece back... at well under half the price I sold it to the guy for.   I eventually got back in touch with the buyer to let him know I had another bronze age piece of art for sale... heh heh... 

Why? Because why not... 

It's not even my favorite page but I love the story behind it so it is framed and hanging on the wall. Images are of my winning bid announcement which is still visible in my winnings list at CLink and a scan of the page itself.  If the buyer is a member of the boards he has never said anything about it. lol 

So if DT can take any solace in any of that mess it is that his ordeal made others aware of that line and that eventually they are found out in a way that allows others to screw with them. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 1.33.14 AM.png

RAD1EEED20161010_174515.jpg

"True Collector" goes down in flames!!

"Yes I am very interested in your Action #1 but can only spend $100.  I know you are asking 1.2 mil but I am a TRUE COLLECTOR and this book has always been a DREAM OF MINE.  Comics should be about love not money whaddya say?  Ps I'm a VET"

4 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

The world travelling Bat-slab

What ever happened to that?

I think it finally broke... that was a tec I think... originally It was a 9.0?

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I think so-it's been a while.I loved following that books tale!I remember it cracking,but not if it finally bit the dust.That comic got around!

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
9 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

The world travelling Bat-slab

What ever happened to that?

Yah.  When it came through here it looked like this.  Showing signs of damage but relatively still intact. 

Can't remember where it went.

1282745972_DET578traveling.thumb.JPG.de5358c4dd45243d40aed2e7e002c17c.JPG

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I'm intrigued.

Many years ago, there were separate sections of the forum for card collectors and one for coin collectors.  The card collectors were pretty mellow, but many of the coin collectors were beady-eyed scofflaws.  For the most part, and in a sort of agreed upon standoff, the coin collectors would stay in their section and the comic collectors would stay in their section.  Only the occasional incursion by one or two members from one section to another would break the tense peace that had been established.  But the dreaded coinees would shoot their mouths off in the Watercooler and were generally pushing the limits of what humans are able to tolerate. 

So, many of the comic forumites gathered together in a secret meeting (that was held in the open forum for all to see....including the coinees).  The comic collectors all formed an unbreakable blood pact to each create a shill, attack the coinee stronghold to throw down this enemy, and smote their ruin upon the mountainside.  Many long time members participated, although I have never revealed names and never will (Povertyrow became SkewerOnAstick.......Joanna was in on it but I can't remember her shill name......Greggy and many others as well).

When the time for battle came, I think a few went into the coin forums and made a couple of disruptive posts, and then everyone sort of stood around looking at the ground and kicking rocks, and then everyone went home.  It was EPIC!!!

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

Many years ago, there were separate sections of the forum for card collectors and one for coin collectors.  The card collectors were pretty mellow, but many of the coin collectors were beady-eyed scofflaws.  For the most part, and in a sort of agreed upon standoff, the coin collectors would stay in their section and the comic collectors would stay in their section.  Only the occasional incursion by one or two members from one section to another would break the tense peace that had been established.  But the dreaded coinees would shoot their mouths off in the Watercooler and were generally pushing the limits of what humans are able to tolerate. 

So, many of the comic forumites gathered together in a secret meeting (that was held in the open forum for all to see....including the coinees).  The comic collectors all formed an unbreakable blood pact to each create a shill, attack the coinee stronghold to throw down this enemy, and smote their ruin upon the mountainside.  Many long time members participated, although I have never revealed names and never will (Povertyrow became SkewerOnAstick.......Joanna was in on it but I can't remember her shill name......Greggy and many others as well).

When the time for battle came, I think a few went into the coin forums and made a couple of disruptive posts, and then everyone sort of stood around looking at the ground and kicking rocks, and then everyone went home.  It was EPIC!!!

And Silicon Valley realized that everything they had dream the internet could be became a reality that day. The sh*t sounds intense. 

2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

THE.GREATEST.

I never knew there was a card section,I remember the coins,liked seeing the odd cool thread pop up in active topics.

Edit,you did mean cards,not comics at first?

Edited by porcupine48

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

THE.GREATEST.

I never knew there was a card section,I remember the coins,liked seeing the odd cool thread pop up in active topics.

Edit,you did mean cards,not comics at first?

I remember a card section.  Hardly anyone ever posted there.