• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inside Jokes only the Comics Section of the CGC Boards Would Get...
4 4

407 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Oh, how about this one as an old laugher?

Going to a comic show on the wrong weekend.  Remember that guy?

What a maroon.  :foryou:

Stupid Blowie

23 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
On 8/21/2019 at 7:58 PM, Park said:

Cal threatened to beat me up in that thread.

I would pay money to watch that.

Well go get Cal to pony up for that "lunch" he promised me.

PS Make sure he brings along those five Navy Seals that were holding him back last time.

10 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
11 hours ago, chrisco37 said:
13 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I don't know that one.

Surprised you don’t remember “him”.  

I think “he” was the guy that first posted the “Few Good Men” post.  

Reading through his posts, I should remember him but don't.

Those posts were from 2004, so that might be why you don't remember them.

Here's the "Few Good men" post:

Danny Dupcak/Comic-Keys (C-K) vs CBG

On 8/22/2019 at 10:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

Ohhhh yeah... 

Then we did not know if it was really his wife or Red Rocks posing as his wife... 

Teehee... 

Follow up - I just went to Red Rock's closed account.  Looks like almost everything from the point of sale of the book to Beige was deleted or locked and hidden by the mods.  I was around back then and remembered RR being pretty arrogant about the whole thing after DT exposed the "true collector" line that he ran.  

To @Designer Toast What happened to him influenced me as a seller.  When I was raising money to gain a larger down payment for the house I put a few pieces of art up for sale.  This guy contacted me and wanted to buy it but he just could not afford it.  He told me he was a true collector and that he really wanted it as he was always looking for bronze age art from his favorite artists of his favorite characters. I refused to budge and he wound up buying it at full price from me over eBay asking me to promise to let him know if I out any other bronze age art up for sale.  I said sure and moved on. 

@Columbia Comics sends me a text one day over the summer.  He asks if I was aware that the page of art I sold was in the new Comiclink auction.  I was completely unaware of it.  So I did what anyone in that position would do.  I bid on and made sure I WON the piece back... at well under half the price I sold it to the guy for.   I eventually got back in touch with the buyer to let him know I had another bronze age piece of art for sale... heh heh... 

Why? Because why not... 

It's not even my favorite page but I love the story behind it so it is framed and hanging on the wall. Images are of my winning bid announcement which is still visible in my winnings list at CLink and a scan of the page itself.  If the buyer is a member of the boards he has never said anything about it. lol 

So if DT can take any solace in any of that mess it is that his ordeal made others aware of that line and that eventually they are found out in a way that allows others to screw with them. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 1.33.14 AM.png

RAD1EEED20161010_174515.jpg

Bravo. :applause:

That is simply brilliant. 

6 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I wonder if the new boards could handle a super size image of this?  hm

Yes, cuz this is the same jpeg of the original and this board automatically shrinks it down.