Inside Jokes only the Comics Section of the CGC Boards Would Get...
4 4

314 posts in this topic

38,341 posts
8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
11 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

He passed away. 

Oh wow... I remember he was banned btu was allowed to complete a deal or two... 

When did that happen... ?  

In the rims thread he mentions that he is 56 in 2009....   Too young..

I'm not sure when it happened.  I read it here.

11,067 posts
16 hours ago, comics4all said:
18 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

SS.jpg.e396073a3c6aa42341e0f4a5f7ab8347.jpg

Is that a Rob Liefeld Cover sketch? :roflmao:

That's best know as d-i-ck touching.

Edited by Stronguy

6,167 posts
21 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Cal's comeback after a hiatus was epic.  This is the thread from where Jimmy Linguini created a rap video as he read the first post. 

ugh-- just went through around 17 pages of that thread only to find the video you mention is no longer there or viewable

That would have been nice to know before I waded through all that cal mess-- I've lived through those threads plenty enough. Just wanted to hear the @Jimmy Linguini portion because it sounds pretty cool. Any one have a link or a way to hear it?

Edited by 01TheDude

6,167 posts

has Travels with Kraven been mentioned yet? whatever happened with that anyway? Last I recalled it sort of petered out and was not being sent around very quickly despite a very long list of people interested in participating.

Edited by 01TheDude
corrected spelling of Kraven from Raven

11,732 posts
42 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

ugh-- just went through around 17 pages of that thread only to find the video you mention is no longer there or viewable

That would have been nice to know before I waded through all that cal mess-- I've lived through those threads plenty enough. Just wanted to hear the @Jimmy Linguini portion because it sounds pretty cool. Any one have a link or a way to hear it?

Three and a half years ago I started doing the Unpressable Defects podcast on youtube and I merged my Jimmy Linguini account that had like 100 subscribers or something with the new UD one.
When I did that I lost all of the content. So unless someone saved them or I boot up my old computer they're gone forever.

6,167 posts
1 minute ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Three and a half years ago I started doing the Unpressable Defects podcast on youtube and I merged my Jimmy Linguini account that had like 100 subscribers or something with the new UD one.
When I did that I lost all of the content. So unless someone saved them or I boot up my old computer they're gone forever.

seems like something you would want to save for yourself let alone be able to share to others as needed. I try to get anything from my old PCs backed up, stored on disk/thumb drive, or transferred before I stop using them.

7,606 posts
5 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
5 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

He passed away. 

Oh wow... I remember he was banned btu was allowed to complete a deal or two... 

When did that happen... ?  

In the rims thread he mentions that he is 56 in 2009....   Too young..

I'm not sure when it happened.  I read it here.

May kill the mood here, but...

38,341 posts
6 hours ago, Stronguy said:
23 hours ago, comics4all said:
On 8/21/2019 at 9:41 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

SS.jpg.e396073a3c6aa42341e0f4a5f7ab8347.jpg

Is that a Rob Liefeld Cover sketch? :roflmao:

That's best know as d-i-ck touching.

6kh7k21.jpg&key=6344218ab6a0b6a928dc7e1b

16,276 posts
12 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

So many of the newer people probably don't realize how great all of this is. 

For starters... there was Granito https://comicsalliance.com/rob-granito-scam-artist/ who even artists were angrily confronting at shows.

Then there was Red Rocks... 

Red Rocks.....  lol

Designer Toast was SO PISSED !!!  

He started a thread to air all his grievances and give voice to his volcanic fury !! 

Now that I think about it, didn't Red Rocks wife join the forums right then just to defend her husband and fire back a few shots ? 

16,276 posts
On 8/21/2019 at 7:58 PM, Park said:

lol

Cal threatened to beat me up in that thread.

I am also pretty sure, although it was removed, that it was that thread that I gave him my phone number because he wanted to "talk" to me.

I gave him the number to a mental hospital in Phoenix.

He was not amused in the PMs he sent me after he called there.

lol:roflmao:lol:roflmao:lol:roflmao:

This had me roaring with laughter Park !!  That's the funniest thing I've read all year !!!  :applause:

25,904 posts
4 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I had it at one point... but I think I deleted it last year as I started what is now a year into organizing and deleting files i felt I no longer needed. 

25,904 posts
5 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

has Travels with Raven been mentioned yet? whatever happened with that anyway? Last I recalled it sort of petered out and was not being sent around very quickly despite a very long list of people interested in participating.

I partially screwed that up... 

I had him and then I had to suddenly get another arm surgery. 

Then I got lazy... 

Funny thing was that I sent him out with a bag full of Lego Superhero keychains as a mea culpa for future recipients to take one and pass it around... Kraven went to a couple of more people but eventually he and the Legos disappeared.   There is a bit more to the Kraven story as to what happened while he was on Long Island but that is for another day.  I don't think I ever posted the pictures that I took with him either... that I have... somewhere on the computer I am on. 

Edited by Buzzetta