• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Iron Man #1 SS Stan Lee - Grade revealed!
2 2

22 posts in this topic

I'd guess 3.5-4.0.  At most a press improves it .5 IMO

8 hours ago, ROBTOTHEC said:

I would not.  Why??  You had some 2.5-3.0 guesses and mine was 3.0.   So what if it comes back lower?   Also I think a clean and a press would do nothing to increase the grade on that book. 

I would ask them to screen it.  CGC has always been honest about whether or not a clean and press would help.  I've got a bunch of other books going there anyway.

11 hours ago, Motor City Rob said:

I would ask them to screen it.  CGC has always been honest about whether or not a clean and press would help.  I've got a bunch of other books going there anyway.

of course its not all about money, but would a grade bump to 4.0 (which isn't guaranteed by any stretch) even be 'worth it' financially?

Shipping+CCS Invoice+CCS clean+press+CGC invoice+CGC grading+Return Shipping < (GPA for CGC SS 4.0 - GPA for CGC SS 3.5)  ?????

And the right side of the equation should included an 'Expected Value' calculation with estimated probabilities including grade lowering.