• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CConnect - included in GPA Analysis ?

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just a quick question, I've been out of the game for a couple of years in terms of buying and selling so may have missed something....

Are Comic Connect auction figures no longer included in GPA sales? I was following a couple of books in the spring auction and these do not show up on GPA at all like they used to.

I know Connect numbers were included up to years 2016 or 2017 and have stopped now? I may be wrong about that too then.

It would be unfortunate if they are not part of GPA anymore, they have strong sale numbers at times that reflect current market trends. Having Heritage as the only auction house contribute to GPA can really understate some figures since their comic demographic is one of the weaker ones in the industry.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Edited by Fallsview

30 minutes ago, Fallsview said:

Hi All,

Just a quick question, I've been out of the game for a couple of years in terms of buying and selling so may have missed something....

Are Comic Connect auction figures no longer included in GPA sales? I was following a couple of books in the spring auction and these do not show up on GPA at all like they used to.

I know Connect numbers were included up to years 2016 or 2017 and have stopped now? I may be wrong about that too then.

It would be unfortunate if they are not part of GPA anymore, they have strong sale numbers at times that reflect current market trends. Having Heritage as the only auction house contribute to GPA can really understate some figures since their comic demographic is one of the weaker ones in the industry.

As far as I know it's just eBay and Heritage Auctions. It would be awesome if CC, Clink and MyComicShop added to the list!

9 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

As far as I know it's just eBay and Heritage Auctions. It would be awesome if CC, Clink and MyComicShop added to the list!

Scroll to the bottom of the GPA homepage. ComicLink is the biggest holdout.The following is the current list.

Heritage Auctions
ComicConnect Auction
Pedigree Grand Auctions
Hake's Auctions
DIG Auctions
Bonhams
Morphy Auctions
My Comic Shop
Vintage Collectables
Coast 2 Coast Auctions
eBay
Legendary Auctions
All Star Auctions
ComicConnect
Comicana Direct
World Wide Comics
Heritage Auctions Comic Market
Metropolis Comics
Pedigree Comics
Quality Comix
DTA Collectibles
Paradise Comics
Vintage Collectables
Esquire Comics
Mile High Comics
Archangels
Lewis Wayne Gallery
My Comic Shop
Cloud 9 Comics
Reece's Rare Comics
Empire Collectibles
Heronext
Timeless Icons
International Comic Exchange

10 hours ago, Fallsview said:

Hi All,

ComicConnect is simply slow at getting their numbers into GPA. My consignments from March are all there. Checking the obvious book (the Amazing Fantasy 15) it looks like the auctions from June are not there yet. 

I'm not saying it will have a TON of impact, but companies hearing from their users CAN have an impact on their actions.  If there's a company you hope to add to GPA, you can contact both GPA and that company to try to engender change.  I'm not saying it will work right away or at all, but if customers don't apply pressure, it definitely won't work.  Same with letting them know about the speed of getting info into GPA, let both GPA and the dealer know about your concerns.  Again, I'm not saying it will necessarily be useful, but its probably as least as useful as discussing it on a third-party chat board.

Good luck to all!

Thanks for the background info. So CConnect is just slow in passing on their data then. It is strange since their numbers used to be updated in GPA within a few days after an auction ended, just surprised it has taken this long for the spring auction.

Yes, CLink holding out is quite a disservice to buyers and sellers, on top of them not having a tracking tool on their auctions.:pullhair:

I guess it is up to each diligent and astute collector themselves to keep tabs on the final prices from their site.