• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art Con In NJ?

38 posts in this topic

What’s more enjoyable and worth so much more than the art in the room are the conversations amongst collectors about the hobby and dealings they’ve had. Everyone has good and bad stories to share but it’s a ton of fun chatting about what you love with others that understand it and can appreciate it.

7ADD4756-AF87-4733-AC61-1D9F24A0FDAE.jpeg

2661F251-FE21-49DA-84D0-CA88731415B0.jpeg

741BBF4F-ABAF-4232-925B-9DF4F80535BE.jpeg

F9EFF469-BC63-41F0-BDD7-3E9BA1529E0D.jpeg

F21A094B-72DC-40D4-BE06-83F002DC2A20.jpeg

18 hours ago, zhamlau said:

I'm actually writing this in the lobby computer center next to where the show was earlier today. It was a good show, well represented. A bunch of us had dinner together the night before in the hotel restaurant (its actually decent). I had a piece I wanted to show Eder but I never saw him. Picked up a few interesting items too. After I was done with show stuff a different group and I had lunch in the same place, was fun to meet a lot of boardies. Did a few collector to collector buys and sells as well as dealer buys and sells. I cant stress this enough, you need to bring material to sell or trade to these shows as a collector, trust me. 

Thinking of going to my first Mets game tomorrow before I head back home. Should be fun. 

Next time up, remind me and maybe I can recommend some places in the area to eat (depending on what you want to spend or how far you want to travel).

I always had a soft spot in my heart for the Mt. Fuji Japanese restaurant down the road, because my ex-wife once told me she got food poisoning there. She survived, but I haven't eaten there.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:41 PM, zhamlau said:

Thinking of going to my first Mets game tomorrow before I head back home. Should be fun. 

Went to the game BTW...saw my boy crush two HR's and make some great plays and I got a ball (I think however it was the double play ball Cano hit into in the 8th so that's kinda funny being a Mets fan). Just a perfect night.

Edited by zhamlau