• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UK CGC?

14 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Yes! The CGC UK office operates out of our NGC London office.

United Kingdom
NGC International UK Ltd.
69 Southampton Row, Third Floor
Bloomsbury
WC1B 4ET
London, United Kingdom

Office visits by appointment only. Submissions can be accepted by in-person drop off, but we now also offer shipping to and from the UK office. Additional info on shipping is available here:

https://www.cgccomics.uk/news/article/7735/NGC-UK-Offers-CGC-Shipping-Services/

Hours (Monday to Friday):
9:00am to 5:30pm

(+44) (0) 20 3968 3848
(+44) (0) 20 3968 3849 fax

UK Office and Websites

NGC UK's London office is located at 69 Southampton Row, Third Floor. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call +44 (0) 20 3968 3848,

email Service@NGCcoin.uk

:)

I dropped off some books with them last month and the experience was good. It's so much better than just mailing them in myself and I got to ask questions which will help me in the future.

I will add that the place is a little difficult to find but once there it's a breeze.

After the announcement that the London office will accept submissions by post and send them back via courier service I was very pleased.

However having tried to use their online submissions form !!!! if you can call it that, it will not let you highlight the mail in box , does not let you fill in the return shipping box and there is no way of paying for return shipping ! 

To say this is an absolute shambles is and understatement ! and quite frankly is a disgrace that the CGC actually put its name to it.

Tell me again what is the point of making a massive announcement and yet not have your website ready to go I will be taking my business to CBCS. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:41 AM, Ironwill75 said:

After the announcement that the London office will accept submissions by post and send them back via courier service I was very pleased.

However having tried to use their online submissions form !!!! if you can call it that, it will not let you highlight the mail in box , does not let you fill in the return shipping box and there is no way of paying for return shipping ! 

To say this is an absolute shambles is and understatement ! and quite frankly is a disgrace that the CGC actually put its name to it.

Tell me again what is the point of making a massive announcement and yet not have your website ready to go I will be taking my business to CBCS. 

This sounds frustrating and it is dumb if their website isn't ready.  No disrespect intended, but perhaps contacting customer service reps and trying to resolve is easier than

1. to mail your books to the US for CBCS to pay exorbitant shipping (both ways),

2. pay translation fees,

3.   risk customs both ways on valuable collectibles,

4.  fill out a bunch more paperwork, take a ton more shipping time,

5.  for a lesser service (in the market place at least, for now)

You may not be currently happy with CGC, and people certainly have valid complaints of CGC from time to time, but calling with a  valid complaint from a potential customer will likely have more value than an anonymous poster on a random message board.  And in the real marketplace, CGC is the market leader.  Of course its your money and everyone has different priorities....

I have no dog in the fight.  Honestly, I live in America and I'd be happier if your money came to America, give the US Post Office some dough, a few extra tax dollars flowing to the State and Federal Government from overseas customers....that's great stuff. 

Believe me I would rather that as well ! I have tried ringing just automated message saying busy , I’ve emailed with no meaningful response just chronic . 
I’ve already submitted my next batch to CBCS a great website clear easy to use shipping options no problem. I would have preferred CGC to do the work but there you go . 
cheers 

57 minutes ago, Ironwill75 said:

Believe me I would rather that as well ! I have tried ringing just automated message saying busy , I’ve emailed with no meaningful response just chronic . 
I’ve already submitted my next batch to CBCS a great website clear easy to use shipping options no problem. I would have preferred CGC to do the work but there you go . 
cheers 

I see what you mean, I just tried it.

The 10th September announcement here...

Capture1.thumb.PNG.607437108183d2d842c62f1d6b3f0252.PNG

...clearly says that "comic books and magazines can now be shipped to and from the London office (NGC UK)"

So when you log on to complete the form you get this - "Mail-in to Headquarters is not available for London":

Capture.thumb.PNG.92c556acce15dd5273b1b76d1be9095c.PNG

And you say you cannot reach them by phone, and email responses are 'chronic' @Ironwill75

That's poor if so. Are we missing something?

@Brittany M. - any idea what is going on over here? Do you cover us too?

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I see what you mean, I just tried it.

The 10th September announcement here...

Capture1.thumb.PNG.607437108183d2d842c62f1d6b3f0252.PNG

...clearly says that "comic books and magazines can now be shipped to and from the London office (NGC UK)"

So when you log on to complete the form you get this - "Mail-in to Headquarters is not available for London":

Capture.thumb.PNG.92c556acce15dd5273b1b76d1be9095c.PNG

And you say you cannot reach them by phone, and email responses are 'chronic' @Ironwill75

That's poor if so. Are we missing something?

@Brittany M. - any idea what is going on over here? Do you cover us too?

We started taking in mail-in submissions to the UK office as well as allow shipments back to you instead of picking them up at the office.

The online form has not be updated to reflect these changes.

You are able to select drop off at office, but mail the submission in to them anyway.

The form will be updated soon.  We're sorry for the confusion and delay.

Also, my email is: brittany@cgccomics.com if you ever need to get a hold of someone here.

Just now, Brittany M. said:

We started taking in mail-in submissions to the UK office as well as allow shipments back to you instead of picking them up at the office.

The online form has not been updated to reflect these changes.

You are able to select drop off at office, but mail the submission in to them anyway.

Also, my email is: brittany@cgccomics.com if you ever need to get a hold of someone here.

Thanks Brittany 

4 hours ago, Brittany M. said:

The online form has not be updated to reflect these changes.

Thanks for the info Brittany.

Can you also please clarify the price of shipping to other countries? Switzerland for example.

In the shipping back format there are only UK, Wales and Ireland (might be missing others) shipping price, but no the rest of Europe.

Also, I saw that CGC UK is will take no responsibility for damage of the back shipping. That means if something happens, for example damage to the slab, I will be screwed and have to pay again for rehold?

Thanks!