• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Comic Book Frames...Where?!!

14 posts in this topic

Hi y'all! Does anybody on here know where I can find some nice looking wall frames for my modern comic books online? The only thing I seem to find using Google are black or cheap wood frames. I'm looking for white frames or even just glass frames, something that looks...modern. Thanks in advance for any help...

On 8/22/2019 at 10:30 PM, Cozmo-One said:

I personally haven't tried these yet, but they look interesting...

https://www.dynamiccomicdisplays.com/themed-cgc-cbcs-displays

those look cool I love the dynamic backgrounds... might have to get onehm and get a graded reprint in there

On 12/23/2019 at 8:42 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

very sharp/clean display

I assume that door doesn’t swing all the way to the wall as I see no door stop  :whatthe:

😂 no, I did plan for that.  The door does not hit the frame.The frame is very slim and does not line up with the door knob...the door knob would hit the wall. 

I bought a door stop to protect the wall, but I have not installed it yet.  99% of the time I don't even swing the door that far so it's been a low priority project...  Thank ! 👍 

On 12/21/2019 at 9:06 PM, BOLORINO said:

If you have some time and basic tools you can build a comic book frame with some material from lowes/home depot.

I wanted to put some of my ASM annuals on the wall and I could not find a frame that would fit them on the wall I wanted to use so I built one.  Probably not the best frames ever made, but it worked for me 😁

20191216_154726.jpg

20191218_181549.jpg

looks nice good job. Nice video as well.(thumbsu

On 12/23/2019 at 11:18 AM, BOLORINO said:

Thanks !  I really enjoy putting it all together.  The video shows how it was made a little better... if you'd like to make something similar:

you said the acrylic looks weird can you do a pic of the acrylic in front as I was thinking of attempting this in the summer but with acrylic maybe a UV protection acrylic and some not valuable books lol.. just wondering what looked off with the acrylic.. and if you wanted to use the arcrylic would of you have glued it to the frame on the inside? or try to groove it in to the wood like you did for the slabs angles? 

Well, to me the acrylic did not look good.  It's just my preference.  The book is already inside a slab. When you put the acrylic in front of it it adds another "barrier" in front of the comics that can create even more glare and make the cover harder to see.  I also like that I can just pick up a book, look at it and put it back in the frame.

I should have shown on the video 😞 what the acrylic would have looked like.   

Yes, if I had to install the acrylic, I would just cut a small groove along the frame to fit the acrylic piece.  If you are worried about UV damage, just use a UV film like use here:

There is a follow-up video after that one that just my awkward installation of the film 🤣 I'm very happy with the results.

I have ZERO talent to build anything...and near zero desire to do so...Though that room looks so nice, truley...I would like to just pay for some nice frames, about 15 or so to display various books from the 60s without breaking the bank.

Any suggestions? I have been to Michaels Crafts and their sister store ACMoore, and didnt like what they had...I would prefer a slim fit frame rather than a "floating frame".

1 hour ago, PaulyP_in_NC said:

I have ZERO talent to build anything...and near zero desire to do so...Though that room looks so nice, truley...I would like to just pay for some nice frames, about 15 or so to display various books from the 60s without breaking the bank.

Any suggestions? I have been to Michaels Crafts and their sister store ACMoore, and didnt like what they had...I would prefer a slim fit frame rather than a "floating frame".

https://thecollectorsresource.com  ?