• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago 2019
4 4

75 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Diamonddave said:

Ritchie Munchin was hit by a group of thieves, missing 8-10 slabs including Daredevil 1 1941 cgc 4.5, Action Comics 19 cgc 7.5 among others. 

That stinks :cry:

2 hours ago, Diamonddave said:

Ritchie Munchin was hit by a group of thieves, missing 8-10 slabs including Daredevil 1 1941 cgc 4.5, Action Comics 19 cgc 7.5 among others. 

This is horrible, but if there’s a silver lining for Ritchie it’s that since he made the positive adjustment to sell both raw and slabbed books in recent years, his graded books should be easier to recover if thieves try to fence them.  There’ve been significant recoveries of stolen high value books lately through attentive auction sites and savvy comic dealers, no doubt in part due to books being graded and encapsulated with accessible images.  Even after being cracked out, photographed books are often easy to identify.

4 hours ago, Bumble Kitty said:

I got in late last night and I have a full day today.  I took plenty of pics and I will post them first half of tomorrow, along with my observations and experiences.

looking forward to it

Well, this year’s Chicago Wizard is now history.  Two pages ...some of it off topic... and the magnificent New Force dealer wall seems to be the big take away.  Gator’s wall was downright impressive (many thanks for that, Rick).  It must’ve scared off the rest, or folks were just too busy buyin’ great books to be bothered.  Rox and I weren’t able to make it this year, but we’re there in spirit ...in my case the spirit is ale, with which I toasted the con from afar.

Maybe we can keep Gotham Kid’s thread going a bit longer.  Hopefully someone will do a post mortem of this show ...from both dealers and fans perspective... since there’s a lot of interest in how this show is doing compared to others.  Would love to see more scans and photos of what folk’s bought and very curious to see some objective reviews. If this show seems to be going downhill, maybe we should do a greatest hits thread of CWW’s past glories.

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America