• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Market Nonsense?
1 1

83 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, kav said:

thats why people whine when they dont get 9.9s they want when they submit to make that $50 book into a $1000 book.  Then they blame CGC, the world, everyone.

I looked at them and said... why do I really care about this?  I put them up at an insane price and they sat there for over a year and a half and I refused to budge. Eventually they sold.  Okay... 

More Golden Age for me. 

By the way the funny thing about that sale is that because I sold it as a set it would never hit GPA.   Even if it did who is to say how the sale is balanced between the two... Was the green cover worth $600?  Was the black cover worth $400 ?

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

By the way the funny thing about that sale is that because I sold it as a set it would never hit GPA.   Even if it did who is to say how the sale is balanced between the two... Was the green cover worth $600?  Was the black cover worth $400 ?

yes

18 minutes ago, kav said:

yes

I thought so. 

I have to go back to facebook now and make fun of someone for making racist innuendo. 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I thought so. 

I have to go back to facebook now and make fun of someone for making racist innuendo. 

No dont do that that will make you look like a virtue signaller.  Just let dolts be dolts.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

No dont do that that will make you look like a virtue signaller.  Just let dolts be dolts.

Nah... I just ask him to explain his comments.  He won't.  Someone else called him a racist and I continue to ask him to explain himself. lol He is ignoring me now after I mentioned that I am very glad that people like him and his mindset are eventually dying.   I don't want to be kicked out of the group.  Over here I have no problem publicly wishing them death on Christmas. 

Nah... I just ask him to explain his comments.  He won't.  Someone else called him a racist and I continue to ask him to explain himself. lol He is ignoring me now after I mentioned that I am very glad that people like him and his mindset are eventually dying.   I don't want to be kicked out of the group.  Over here I have no problem publicly wishing them death on Christmas. 

every generation wishes the previous generation and their mindset would just die.  Things seem to be getting worse not better tho even with all the great mindsets.

5 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I was just saying this same thing to a friend of mine...  :applause:

Especially for a Spawn 1. Isnt there like 2 million still around, gotta be a few 9.9's in that pile.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Especially for a Spawn 1. Isnt there like 2 million still around, gotta be a few 9.9's in that pile.

Spawn 1's in less than 9.9 are actually more rare, and thus more valuable.

Just now, kav said:

Spawn 1's in less than 9.9 are actually more rare, and thus more valuable.

:idea:

I'm not a Spawn fan but I'm gonna buy a pile of em and just give em away.

Books not worth squat. 

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

:idea:

I'm not a Spawn fan but I'm gonna buy a pile of em and just give em away.

Books not worth squat. 

you could trade em for youngbloods-

58 minutes ago, kav said:

every generation wishes the previous generation and their mindset would just die.  Things seem to be getting worse not better tho even with all the great mindsets.

That’s untrue especially when we are talking about racism.  I still see disturbing attitudes  shared across multiple generations. 

That’s untrue especially when we are talking about racism.  I still see disturbing attitudes  shared across multiple generations. 

I see more racism now than in the 70s and 80s and 90s.   

17 minutes ago, kav said:

I see more racism now than in the 70s and 80s and 90s.   

The untrue part I was talking about was everyone wishes the previous generation... 

Edited by Buzzetta

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The untrue part I was talking about was everyone wishes the previous generation... 

I guess I've heard that a lot from the younger folk but I live in CA

Okay... here is a reported sale...

i just sold a LEGO Star Wars set loose and complete for $140 + shipping

the same set boxed is on eBay for ... let’s just say the same price or slightly cheaper... 

I set prices and things sell... they stay at that price until they do so.

Edited by Buzzetta

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Okay... here is a reported sale...

i just sold a LEGO Star Wars set loose and complete for $140 + shipping

the same set boxed is on eBay for ... let’s just say the same price or slightly cheaper... 

I set prices and things sell... they stay at that price until they do so.

did the other guy have bad feedback or high shipping or some other factor?  Or maybe you were closer and they wanted it stat?  I have paid more for the same item in cases like that.

27 minutes ago, kav said:

did the other guy have bad feedback or high shipping or some other factor?  Or maybe you were closer and they wanted it stat?  I have paid more for the same item in cases like that.

The other guy is offering free shipping and has 7000+ feedback compared to my around 3000.

there are multiple people priced less than I am.