• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Write the Twitter guy, “Because in an alternate reality Spider-Man is a hero.”

supposedly there is another big reveal coming in the multiverse... don’t know if it is true or not... 

With each passing day, it looks more and more likely the Man Without Fear will return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe sooner rather than later. In one example, a recent casting call for "The November Project" is looking for extras to play various courtroom-related roles. Shared to the Facebook page of a popular casting agent around Atlanta, the project — which is one of Spider-Man 3's working titles — is looking for "males & females, ages 20-60s, to portray a courtroom stenographer, videographer, and attorney."

After a massive fan-led campaign to #SaveDaredevil, rumors surfaced late last year suggesting Charlie Cox would reprise his role as Matthew Murdock in Spider-Man 3. As fans know, Spider-Man: Far From Home ended with Spidey (Tom Holland) on the run, leading most to believe he'd need the use of attorney at one point or another.

daredevil_app.PNG.7f642a39f8f8c28a5aec3e346d31901f.PNG

ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis then reported last month that Cox had already finished filming his scenes on the project on sound stages in and around Atlanta. We've yet to get so much as a name for the Spidey threequel, with plot details being kept very close to the vest.

With other reports pointing to the inclusion of former Spider-Man stars Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield, it's reasonable to believe some live-action adaptation of the classic Spider-Verse story could be underway. Holland himself previously called the flick the most ambitious standalone superhero movie ever made.

Tom Holland implies that his contract playing Spider-Man is done after Jon Watts' Spider-Man: No Way Home is released at the end of 2021.

Holland is currently doing press for his latest collaboration with Joe and Anthony Russo in Cherry, and in a new interview with Collider, he reveals that No Way Home is his final Spider-Man movie under contract. That said, he adds that if either of the studios wants him to return, he would be very happy to put on his superhero suit again.

[Spider-Man 3] would be my last one [under contract] so I’ve always said to them if they want me back I’ll be there in a heartbeat. I’ve loved every minute of being a part of this amazing world. It’s changed my life for the better, I’m so lucky to be here. If they want me back I’ll be there, if they don’t I will walk off into the sunset a very, very happy person because it’s been an amazing journey.

It's worth noting that when the deal between Sony and Marvel Studios broke down in 2019, Holland was almost pulled out of the MCU. Fortunately, they were able to smoothen things out not long after, supposedly drafting a new agreement. At that point, the trades reported that the actor is set to appear in two more films as Spider-Man — one additional solo movie, which is No Way Home, and another one outside of his own subfranchise.

Given this, it's curious why Holland says that the upcoming threequel technically should be his final outing as the web-slinging hero. Based on what's known about the MCU's future, there are a few possible movies that could use Spider-Man, like Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which is also in production, and the Fantastic Four reboot helmed by Watts as well.

It is an odd statement, as I thought he had one more film to go.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

It is an odd statement, as I thought he had one more film to go.

Let's hope "No Way Home" doesn't have some cryptic meaning as in the opposite of "Homecoming", where Spidey came home to Marvel/Disney, but may now be moving out of his rented apartment at Disney for a permanent one at Sony.

Spider-Man; No Way Home has been a beacon for theories/conspiracies/rumors the likes of like nothing before in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. With the addition of so many returning cast-mates like Jamie Foxx as Electro and Alfred Molina as Doctor Octopus and Avengers like Doctor Strange, the film seems to be setting up a possible live action Spider-Verse. Top that off with the rumors of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield returning as their versions of Spider-Man and it would seem that fans are getting what they want. However, Tom Holland has denied these rumors and others have debunked them as well.

Spoiler

But, could a crew wrap gift confirm Garfield’s involvement?

Spidey_NWH01.PNG.7d0de91aff88ab51b74c12b70f0f2280.PNG

Spidey_NWH02.thumb.jpg.33dd699ee9d97fd52b713558c1105a61.jpg

Spidey_NWH03.jpg.cc1e711ba51bcf2597df06ead79df1be.jpg

Released on Twitter, a picture of the crew wrap gifts showcases a t-shirt with Spider-Man on it. But, the Spider-Man in question is actually wearing the Andrew Garfield Amazing Spider-Man uniform. You see the particular eyelets from this version, the red piping, and even the blue fingers. Could this be the confirmation fans needed to prove that we are indeed getting a live action Spider-Verse?

:whatthe:

The dream of ever seeing Spider-Man on Disney+ (outside of Avengers movies) is now officially dead. Which means I may never watch another Spider-Man movie on TV ever again because it's not worth the effort to find my Spider-Man 4Ks and then change the TV input to HDMI 4 etc.

I feel Spider-Man's time in the MCU is now coming to an end.