• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

I rewatched this film earlier today.

If not for the earlier villains and heroes from the first two franchises, this would have been another MCU Spider-Man (okay - not great). But with a maniacal Green Goblin and a self-sacrificing Doctor Octavius, along with the actions of the other characters in this story, it really comes together solidly for me.

What a gift to the comic book genre.

green-goblin-creepy-smile.thumb.gif.fca80acf50a8d847f7901bfee1172783.gif

On 1/8/2023 at 2:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

I rewatched this film earlier today.

If not for the earlier villains and heroes from the first two franchises, this would have been another MCU Spider-Man (okay - not great). But with a maniacal Green Goblin and a self-sacrificing Doctor Octavius, along with the actions of the other characters in this story, it really comes together solidly for me.

What a gift to the comic book genre.

green-goblin-creepy-smile.thumb.gif.fca80acf50a8d847f7901bfee1172783.gif

On 1/8/2023 at 8:09 PM, media_junkie said:

It really was a good movie.  I know nostalgia played a part of it, but it was really good to see Toby and Andrew back in the suits.

On 2/18/2023 at 2:08 PM, Bosco685 said:

This is the modern MCU movie that changed up the game on connecting a Multiverse best

Yeap, and all the other Multiverse stuff is falling flat.   It is also the only movie where the mutliverse could be seen as a one off, as opposed to the current core of all the films.

How both Amy Pascal and Kevin Feige worked together bringing back the earlier Spider-Man actors. Not this magic story of "The MCU did it all on its own!"

Jamie Foxx and Willem Dafoe even noting it was due to knowing Amy Pascal and trusting in her creative judgment.