• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

From the Ms. Marvel sizzle footage released, it looks to me like Marvel Studios is setting up Kamala Khan to be a Peter Parker-type, a teenager who looks up to an established adult super-hero, but instead of Iron Man, she'll idolize Captain Marvel. And much like Homecoming, it looks like the Ms. Marvel show will appeal to younger MCU fans.

I’m surprised I never heard of female Hawkeye since she’s been around since 2005. But then again, I was never a big fan of original Hawkeye. I think they missed a real opportunity with Iron Heart. Should have been the daughter or son of James Rhodes.

5 minutes ago, Grails said:

I’m surprised I never heard of female Hawkeye since she’s been around since 2005. But then again, I was never a big fan of original Hawkeye. I think they missed a real opportunity with Iron Heart. Should have been the daughter or son of James Rhodes.

At this point, Marvel Studios is probably sticking to the comic book storyline mostly. I'm sure Riri will cross paths with the only other hero wearing Stark tech armor, either in the Ironheart show, Armor Wars, or an Avengers movie. I also think it's cool that the Marvel stories are about a girl who gets started through her own intitiative and not because she's related to a super-hero.

29 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

This is from 2013, long before Black Panther, Baby Groot, Infinity War etc. That growth potential noted in the above graph should be realized about now with even more growth potential. Spider-Man sells regardless of the movies.

Spider-Man sells. But as a legacy brand of course they want to keep that going. Which is why it went up As part of his Civil War introduction and then leveled back off (though still exceeding $1B/annually).

18 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

List of highest-grossing media franchises

Spider-Man merchandise sales – $15.88 billion

• $1.285 billion in 2012
  • $1.333 billion in 2013
  • $1.453 billion in 2014
  • $1.512 billion in 2015
  • $1.551 billion in 2016
  • $1.402 billion in 2017
  • $1.075 billion in 2018

Oh yeah. Disney/MCU is really going to show those Sony folks a thing or two. Why, they are talking about shutting down the entire Spider-Man merchandising line to spite them. :roflmao:

And that is why the other article noted how Disney realizes with his appearances in the MCU it brings spikes in sales to keep that merchandising going.

You can't really be this wrapped up in proving the MCU doesn't care about Spider-Man going forward. Can you?

20 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

You can't really be this wrapped up in proving the MCU doesn't care about Spider-Man going forward. Can you?

Did I say that? I don't think I did. I'm saying it would be poor producing on the part of Kevin Feige if he plans the future of the MCU around a character that may or may not be available for him to legally use in future movies. But Feige is a very good producer so I think he'll do the opposite of that. There is no future deal yet for further Spider-Man movies past the third film and maybe one more cross-over (I'm not sure). I'm quite sure that Feige and co. are loosely outlining the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to allow for Spider-Man but not be reliant on him. Besides, an Avengers level saga involving Korvac, the Celestials, Annihilus or Galactus doesn't really need a super-hero from Queens whose particular power set is climbing and swinging from skyscrapers.

50 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Did I say that? I don't think I did. I'm saying it would be poor producing on the part of Kevin Feige if he plans the future of the MCU around a character that may or may not be available for him to legally use in future movies. But Feige is a very good producer so I think he'll do the opposite of that. There is no future deal yet for further Spider-Man movies past the third film and maybe one more cross-over (I'm not sure). I'm quite sure that Feige and co. are loosely outlining the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to allow for Spider-Man but not be reliant on him. Besides, an Avengers level saga involving Korvac, the Celestials, Annihilus or Galactus doesn't really need a super-hero from Queens whose particular power set is climbing and swinging from skyscrapers.

No wonder why Spider-Man is one of the biggest comic book merchandising brands IN THE WORLD. He's just some flunky characters that nobody really cares about.

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:
2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

No wonder why Spider-Man is one of the biggest comic book merchandising brands IN THE WORLD. He's just some flunky characters that nobody really cares about.

My little dig at poor Peter Parker at the end was just that, a little dig, kinda of a joke, but you highlighted it as if it's my main point. I repeat, my argument for thinking Marvel Studios doesn't want to tie up the MCU with Spider-Man is because they don't own the character's movie rights and are thus limited with what they can do with him. If you're planning the building of a power plant and the base materials you have at hand dictate the type of plant you're going to construct, are you going to plan its infrastructure based on materials you have an endless supply of or are you going to plan it based on material you only have a limited supply of and can't be sure you'll have enough to complete the project? An engineer with common sense will plan the project based on materials they can guarantee they'll have. Marvel Studios has plenty of Vibranium and Thorium and Adamantium to work with, but only a limited supply of Spidermantium. In fact, the suppliers of Spidermantium may cut off its supply permanently. Kevin Feige, the MCU's engineer, most likely will plan for maybe some decorative interiors and exteriors to be made of Spidermantium, but the infrastructure will most likely rely on the aforementioned materials and tons of Captainmarvelite.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

12 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

My little dig at poor Peter Parker at the end was just that, a little dig, kinda of a joke, but you highlighted it as if it's my main point. I repeat, my argument for thinking Marvel Studios doesn't want to tie up the MCU with Spider-Man is because they don't own the character's movie rights and are thus limited with what they can do with him. If you're planning the building of a power plant and the base materials you have at hand dictate the type of plant you're going to construct, are you going to plan its infrastructure based on materials you have an endless supply of or are you going to plan it based on material you only have a limited supply of and can't be sure you'll have enough to complete the project? An engineer with common sense will plan the project based on materials they can guarantee they'll have. Marvel Studios has plenty of Vibranium and Thorium and Adamantium to work with, but only a limited supply of Spidermantium. In fact, the suppliers of Spidermantium may cut off its supply permanently. Kevin Feige, the MCU's engineer, most likely will plan for maybe some decorative interiors and exteriors to be made of Spidermantium, but the infrastructure will most likely rely on the aforementioned materials and tons of Captainmarvelite.

Unfortunately your 'insider details' comes with excessive bias what is driving the future of the MCU. You do realize with the new MCU/Sony deal Disney covers 25% of the costs so it then takes in 25% of the revenue. Right?

Spider-Man’s Return To Disney’s Marvel Comes At Great Cost To Sony

Simply put, Disney will put up 25% of the budget for the third Spider-Man movie in exchange for 25% of the profits. Kevin Feige will then serve as a producer (alongside Sony’s Amy Pascal) for the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far from Home, a film which will be part of the MCU. Oh, and Peter Parker will appear in at least one other MCU movie, which I’m guessing will be whatever the next team-up flick turns out to be (Young Avengers: Galactus Dreams of Planets?).

So with Disney owning 100% of the merchandising rights and a revenue stream from Spider-Man 3 and use of the character in an MCU film - naturally Disney is going to have Feige ignore all those dollars because it doesn't own the rights to the character. Brilliant!

Come out from that MCU bush you are hiding under. The reality light will be refreshing. Trust the rest of the world.

9 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Points given for a very funny analogy!

Edited by piper

10 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Granted, Marvel/Disney does not have 100% movie rights, but they do have 100% of merchandise rights.  Captain Marvel cannot hold Spider-mans jock strap when it comes to the amount of money that is made off merchandising for Marvel/Disney.  It is no contest.  

When Superhero movies are "out of fashion" (which will happen, everything is a cycle), Spider-man will still be on clothes, toys, lunch boxes and backpacks and still pulling Disney big bucks.  Captain Marvel not so much.  

Daredevil star Charlie Cox reportedly wraps filming on Spider-Man: Homecoming 3. Cox played Matt Murdock/Daredevil in the Marvel Cinematic Universe Netflix series, which was cancelled back in 2018 after three seasons. Since that time, there's been much interest and discussion about Cox returning as the character, though nothing's come to fruition just yet. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige is characteristically coy about Daredevil's possible future within the franchise.

Fans of Daredevil hoping for the character's return received some hope in December 2020, when it was reported Cox would have a role in the MCU's Spider-Man 3. That film is poised to have a massive cast, consisting of not just returning MCU veterans, but also actors from Sony's other Spider-Man film franchises. Nothing official about Cox's involvement was ever confirmed, but if the latest is to be believed, he's already finished shooting.

According to ComicBook, Cox has wrapped his role on the MCU's Spider-Man 3. Details are slim, so it's unknown if he's playing the same Daredevil from the TV series or a different version of the character (Spider-Man 3 looks to be delving into the multiverse). As always, readers should take this information with a grain of salt until something official is announced.

:whatthe:

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
:whatthe:

I just got out of bed to come to the computer to type this... It's a 'lazy Saturday' what can I say... 

So I am sitting there reading the news... reading who is reporting things... and I say that perhaps people are 'missing it.'  

"Buzzetta, what are you talking about?"

The current 'buzz', (no pun intended) is that Chris Evans is in talks to resume a role in the Marvel Universe.  Everyone just assumes it is as Captain America.  

What if he is going to cameo as Johnny Storm in the Spider-man or Dr Strange movie?

So while he can readily say, "news to me", in regard to his return as Captain America, he might be telling the truth.  What if he is just doing a one off cameo as Johnny Storm in either the Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness or the Spider-man 3 movie?

Which... when they get back in either film gives them cause to find the MCU dimension's (Disney) version of the FF?

Edited by Buzzetta

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I just got out of bed to come to the computer to type this... It's a 'lazy Saturday' what can I say... 

So I am sitting there reading the news... reading who is reporting things... and I say that perhaps people are 'missing it.'  

"Buzzetta, what are you talking about?"

The current 'buzz', (no pun intended) is that Chris Evans is in talks to resume a role in the Marvel Universe.  Everyone just assumes it is as Captain America.  

What if he is going to cameo as Johnny Storm in the Spider-man or Dr Strange movie?

So while he can readily say, "news to me", in regard to his return as Captain America, he might be telling the truth.  What if he is just doing a one off cameo as Johnny Storm in either the Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness or the Spider-man 3 movie?

Which... when they get back in either film gives them cause to find the MCU dimension's (Disney) version of the FF?

That would be a fantastic twist!

:applause:

But be careful. Such illeisms lead to Bob Dole syndrome and assumed Mongoism.

:baiting:

emotion01.gif.86c6acf4f917d012aa0017cae20e473b.gif

Edited by Bosco685

14 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It really is a fantastic idea to twist expectations in a surprising way.

:popcorn:

I rarely tweet so it will most likely not gain any traction.  However if it does happen then at least everyone here at 'home' on the CGC boards knows... lol