• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Marvel Studios said that they are focused on big-names for villains in the MCU. They want relatively unknown actors/actresses for hero roles, so, this isn't a potential problem.

Sure, but Sinister Six won’t be in the MCU. It will be part of the Venomverse. Sony has wanted their own expanded universe for a while, and now they have a second chance at their villains team up movie. In fact, I’m pretty sure the title for the third Venom flick will be Venom 3: the Sinister Six. I have a feeling Sony will want to keep the budget under control with Tom Hardy and Jared Leto carrying the film mostly.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

A bunch of unrecognizable roles in never-referenced movies that were forgotten after the audience left the theater. I'm impressed. The point still stands. He was relatively no one until he was Bruce Banner.

Your kidding about the kids are alright? Budget on that was $4 million, pulled in $34 million

Let's just look at supporting roles in MCU

Rene Russo-Thors mom

Anthony Hopkins-Thors Dad

Stellan Sarsgaard 

Idris Elba

Hugo Weaving-Red Skull (oops villain)

Tommy Lee Jones

Don Cheadle

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Sure, but Sinister Six won’t be in the MCU. It will be part of the Venomverse. Sony has wanted their own expanded universe for a while, and now they have a second chance at their villains team up movie. In fact, I’m pretty sure the title for the third Venom flick will be Venom 3: the Sinister Six. I have a feeling Sony will want to keep the budget under control with Tom Hardy and Jared Leto carrying the film mostly.

I'm not buying this.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Your forgetting "Maximum Carnage"

I can see them going that route before sinister six...wasn't it like 14 books spanned over several different Spiderman titles...

I'm looking forward to seeing Sinister Six on screen too but it will be an entirely different looking 6 then the books

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Your kidding about the kids are alright? Budget on that was $4 million, pulled in $34 million

Let's just look at supporting roles in MCU

Rene Russo-Thors mom

Anthony Hopkins-Thors Dad

Stellan Sarsgaard 

Idris Elba

Hugo Weaving-Red Skull (oops villain)

Tommy Lee Jones

Don Cheadle

:roflmao:

Supporting roles are not the discussion.

18 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Your forgetting "Maximum Carnage"

I can see them going that route before sinister six...wasn't it like 14 books spanned over several different Spiderman titles...

I'm looking forward to seeing Sinister Six on screen too but it will be an entirely different looking 6 then the books

The title for Venom 2 is confirmed to be Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage

34 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

:roflmao:

Supporting roles are not the discussion.

Well you don't have much weight in suggesting that the MCU made these actors careers

And what about Zoe Saldana?

I cannot see the MCU hiring lesser known actors for lead roles in a massively budgeted film...that has never happened before- I'll correct myself 2015 Fantastic Four except Michael B Jordan...and look at how that turned out

If history tells us, we learn from our mistakes

Edited by Hollywood1892

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Well you don't have much weight in suggesting that the MCU made these actors careers

I cannot see the MCU hiring lesser known actors for lead roles in a massively budgeted film...that has never happened before

Incorrect, considering that they were relatively unknown prior to being in the MCU. That's what happens when you're the largest video entertainment franchise in the world.

Exceptions do not make the rule. That's why they're "outliers".

It has happened. Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, and Simu Liu (Shang-Chi) were in literally a handful of things prior to the MCU. They're in it going-forward.

If they say they're gonna pay villains > protagonists, then I'm gonna take their word for it. History shows that they've already set that trend and precedent. There's also less ego to deal with (see: Norton).

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

...If they say they're gonna pay villains > protagonists, then I'm gonna take their word for it. History shows that they've already set that trend and precedent. There's also less ego to deal with (see: Norton).

New villains > new heroes. Should be obvious.

20 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Incorrect, considering that they were relatively unknown prior to being in the MCU. That's what happens when you're the largest video entertainment franchise in the world.

It has happened. Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, and Simu Liu (Shang-Chi) were in literally a handful of things prior to the MCU. They're in it going-forward.

If they say they're gonna pay villains > protagonists, then I'm gonna take their word for it. History shows that they've already set that trend and precedent. There's also less ego to deal with (see: Norton).

Chadwick Boseman has done monumental biopics prior to MCU

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chadwick_Boseman#Career

Obviously these movies (MCU) got the actors way more exposure on the world stage, there is no disagreement there, but they have had 'decent' roles prior to entering the MCU

Jackie Robinson is not a movie I forgot about as soon as I left the theatre

Edited by Hollywood1892

13 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Chadwick Boseman has done monumental biopics prior to MCU

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chadwick_Boseman#Career

Obviously these movies (MCU) got the actors way more exposure on the world stage, there is no disagreement there, but they have had 'decent' roles prior to entering the MCU

Jackie Robinson is not a movie I forgot about as soon as I left the theatre

A handful of movies is not a "monumental" career.

Boseman got the role of Black Panther a couple of years into his acting career. He was virtually a nobody. You need to keep in mind that these movies are cast and produced years prior to being released. It's not like he showed up in 2016 to act for Civil War.

32 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
46 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I cannot see the MCU hiring lesser known actors for lead roles in a massively budgeted film...that has never happened before

It seems to me to be a mix of both small name and big name actors. I’d say the three Chris actors were all relatively small names prior to the MCU (Evans in the FF was kind of forgotten about). However, Paul Rudd and Benedict Cumberbatch were very well known prior to entering the MCU. Going forward, it seems a similar strategy. Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek in the Eternals are kind household names, Mahershala Ali is respectable but not necessarily a household name, and who is Simu Liu?

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It seems to me to be a mix of both small name and big name actors. I’d say the three Chris actors were all relatively small names prior to the MCU (Evans in the FF was kind of forgotten about). However, Paul Rudd and Benedict Cumberbatch were very well known prior to entering the MCU. Going forward, it seems a similar strategy. Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek in the Eternals are kind household names, Mahershala Ali is respectable but not necessarily a household name, and who is Simu Liu?

100% agreed

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

No doubt about that.