• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Can you prove that it's "fake"? Or it your typical, "I disagree with it - so it's wrong"?

Asking for a friend.

Don't bother with the revisionist history. Marvel knows what makes them money today. I would've thought that might click for you. Stay on your toes.

I'm not an insider over at Marvel Studios. I can't directly say what's real or fake in regards to the direction of the MCU's future. But, using my handy rule of thumb regarding YouTube channels as a source of news and rumors, past history has shown that most YouTube channels are clickbait garbage that will say anything in their headlines to get more views and thus more revenue for their channel. In particular, history has shown that comicsgate-friendly YouTube channels like TheQuartering and Geeks'n'Gamers all have an anti-feminist agenda and will twist the facts or jump all over a fake story if it fits their agenda. While 3 Buck Theater is not as extreme as those channels, they still have a bit of an anti-Captain Marvel agenda. While I can't 100% verify if this story that Disney wants to make SPider-Man the full on leader of the Avengers and demote Captain Marvel as just the leader of an all-girls group (where she belongs, according to them I suppose?) is fake, the fact that most of these YouTube sites are like 95% wrong means this story has a 95% chance of being fake. Add to that my intuitive gut feeling about all things Marvel, and I say this little news story has about a 98.76% chance of being fake.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm not an insider over at Marvel Studios. I can't directly say what's real or fake in regards to the direction of the MCU's future. But, using my handy rule of thumb regarding YouTube channels as a source of news and rumors, past history has shown that most YouTube channels are clickbait garbage that will say anything in their headlines to get more views and thus more revenue for their channel. In particular, history has shown that comicsgate-friendly YouTube channels like TheQuartering and Geeks'n'Gamers all have an anti-feminist agenda and will twist the facts or jump all over a fake story if it fits their agenda. While 3 Buck Theater is not as extreme as those channels, they still have a bit of an anti-Captain Marvel agenda. While I can't 100% verify if this story that Disney wants to make SPider-Man the full on leader of the Avengers and demote Captain Marvel as just the leader of an all-girls group (where she belongs, according to them I suppose?) is fake, the fact that most of these YouTube sites are like 95% wrong means this story has a 95% chance of being fake. Add to that my intuitive gut feeling about all things Marvel, and I say this little news story has about a 98.76% chance of being fake.

80% of percentages are made up.

So you're making a biased assumption - got it. (thumbsu

38 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Oh, and Jeremy Conrad is very much seen as a Disney/MCU troll.

Who are these folks anyway? Jeremy Conrad is actually a pretty reliable source of MCU scoop news. He's the guy who broke The Eternals movie news like a year and a half ago when everyone else said it wasn't happening. Unlike the clickbait YouTube channels, MCUCosmic doesn't try to manipulate the news or post fake news to get more revenue. It's one of the few sizeable pure fan sites on the internet. When Conrad said the door was closed on SPider-Man, it was. Tom Holland was the guy who swung in to save the day and keep Spidey in the MCU. Bob Iger himself (in recorded interviews) said that Sony and Disney weren't talking and we can all thank Tom for the deal happening.

Jeremy Conrad makes speculations like anybody else, but as far as real leaks and rumors go regarding the MCU, he's one of the few guys on the internet anybody should trust. And it's based on history. Conrad has been right before.

MarvelScoopMaster has also been right in the past which is why I believe the scoop about Korvac being the future MCU threat. And now look. Korvac is starting to show up in Marvel Comics the past month. The last panel of Marvel Comics #1000 says Korvac is online. Marvel is going to release a True Believers edition of Korvac's first appearance.

With YouTube channels like GeeksGamers and to a lesser degree, 3 Buck Theater, it's the boy who cried wolf. And Chicken Little.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Jeremy Conrad makes speculations like anybody else, but as far as real leaks and rumors go regarding the MCU, he's one of the few guys on the internet anybody should trust. And it's based on history. Conrad has been right before.

No. He spitballs a lot of details at a high level so then when a confirmed detail comes out he can claim as 'DEFINITELY HIS SCOOP'. There have been more than few fights over these scoops between these folks.

Which is why so many people mock his ever-changing stance on things.

:insane:

8 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Tom Holland knows the MCU is where the party at...

I don't think that was what he was conveying. It was the stress of the unknown what was going to happen next.

During a shared panel with Spider-Man: Far From Home co-star Jake Gyllenhaal at ACE Comic Con Midwest, Holland, 23, revealed the moment was the most stressful time of his life. The news of Disney and Marvel Studios first broke August 20th and a new deal wasn't reached until late September but if we're being honest, we probably shouldn't let know Tom he had a horrible month instead of a measly seven days.

Holland was asked if he has any plans to follow up his "Umbrella" performance on Lip Sync Battle when he dropped the bombshell. "I don't know, I feel Zendaya and I did the first one pretty good...but maybe," the Spider-Man star said. "Who knows? Probably not, if I'm honest. It was the most stressful week of my life, without question."

But better to read into this 'news'. Kind of like the Shazam scene where WB/DC was purposely disrespecting Asians. Your best perception point, ever! :facepalm:

23 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I don't think that was what he was conveying. It was the stress of the unknown what was going to happen next.

I guess Holland actually said (at Ace Comic Con) the lead up to his Umbrella lip synch performance was the most stressful time of his life. Then he changed his mind and said the Spider-Man deal was pretty stressful and then said he couldn't say anymore.

We're all free to read whatever into that brief aside at a comic con, but I think most agree that Tom (along with most of us) didn't want to see Spider-Man separated from the MCU. That's why he stepped in. I don't think Tom stepped in so he could have more certainty in his life lol

Edited by @therealsilvermane

11 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I guess Holland actually said (at Ace Comic Con) the lead up to his Umbrella lip synch performance was the most stressful time of his life. Then he changed his mind and said the Spider-Man deal was pretty stressful and then said he couldn't say anymore.

We're all free to read whatever into that brief aside at a comic con, but I think most agree that Tom (along with most of us) didn't want to see Spider-Man separated from the MCU. That's why he stepped in. I don't think Tom stepped in so he could have more certainty in his life lol

Better you check with Jeremy Conrad first. Just to be reassured. :baiting: :insane:

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Also why would Sony sell Spider-Man  now

if Venom and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse were big hits?

Not to mention this was the biggest hit on the Sony Playstation in a long time

Image result for spider man ps4

They could introduce knull as well, and merge the multiverse aka miles Morales and Spidergwen. They have so many interesting storylines. A gamble that might really pay off.

14 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

They could introduce knull as well, and merge the multiverse aka miles Morales and Spidergwen. They have so many interesting storylines. A gamble that might really pay off.

When Lord & Miller came out with their Spider-Man film portfolio analysis and pointed out they have around 900 characters that can be pulled into these films at any given time, that is huge what can come together here.

If Sony learned from the past, though. I recognize those fumbles that have occurred. :wishluck:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

When Lord & Miller came out with their Spider-Man film portfolio analysis and pointed out they have around 900 characters that can be pulled into these films at any given time, that is huge what can come together here.

If Sony learned from the past, though. I recognize those fumbles that have occurred. :wishluck:

I personally don't know why they needed to go the Mysterio route, but okay.

I think popularity wise the symbiote route is the most entertaining. Green Goblin of course, but he has evolved into Red Goblin... Batman always has Joker, Spiderman always has the Green Goblin. 

They could use Kingpin, but I think Disney owns the rights to Daredevil, do kingpin is out of the question.

But there are so many New York storylines that would involve punisher and daredevil, unfortunately Disney owns all those.

I still think Spiderverse is an entity all it's own.

50 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I haven't even gotten to the 2nd boss in Spider-Man, yet...

Well the whole intergalactic apocalyptic boss like Thanos always has a big draw as you can see by the success of MCU films, but than entertaining dialogue and characters has a big draw too ie Deadpool.

Spiderman benefits by the ability to evolve from pubescent teen into adult Superhero, his personality isnt as captivating as Deadpool.

The villains in which he fights are extremely interesting, but I think if the move towards an intergalactic storyline it will open up new worlds for Spiderman to explore and face.

I am willing to believe that Disney would like to make, is researching the possibility of making, planning to make, or did make an offer in the billions to Sony for the rights of Spider-Man (and associated properties?) for completion at a (distant?) future date.  I am also willing to believe that Sony would/could potentially entertain the offer, research the opportunity cost of selling vs retaining the rights, or would consider negotiations of a sale at a (distant) future date.  However, I do find it somewhat difficult to believe that Disney would currently be capable of completing such a purchase this year with them still busy absorbing/processing/monetizing the Fox acquisition AND their full plate of MCU productions along with Disney+ launch.  I also find it difficult for Sony to be willing to sell or enter into talks to sell spider-man (and associated properties) when just 1 month ago they had planned to sever all ties.

Now I am willing to believe that all this could happen sooner rather than later if Sony execs foresee a declining interest and oversaturation of Superhero movies and would like to cash out now and use the money to buy into other properties/opportunities that they believe will benefit them in the long term.  Disney would also have to see the greater value in owning the property over the long term beyond just the MCU benefits. 

One bright spot I can see with the sale is if it happens sooner, they could scrap Venom 2, pretend Venom 1 never happened, integrate SM into a Cosmic MCU story that brings about the symbiot, crossover to an FF intro/movie, and a better version of Eddie Brock (and origin) than we've seen thus far leading to a SM/PP aware Venom followed by a full on Venom Lethal Protector movie.  If it happens later, well, you could still get all that but maybe further down the line with a bit more cleanup and reboots but they better keep Simmons as JJ. :sumo:

No way Sony is giving up Spider-Man's film rights now without a huge payout.

Sony Pictures Entertainment has posted a 73% jump in profits for the second quarter, snaring $366M during the July-September period. This is the third straight Q2 to see significant increases in the film segment, and is largely attributable to Marvel sequel Spider-Man: Far From Home and Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

The friendly neighborhood arachnid become Sony Pictures’ highest-grossing global release ever this summer, having caught $1.3B at the worldwide box office. Hollywood has also contributing muscle to the period with $370M global to date.

From Tokyo today, Sony Corp overall reported a 16% hike in earnings versus the comparable 2018 frame. This is a new Q2 record for the entertainment and electronics giant with operating income rising to 279B yen ($2.6B) for the three months ended September 30. Increases were cited in the Imaging, Electronics, Music and Film divisions.

I'm sure Disney would love to have him back, but between the money they spent on the fox deal and the money they are losing daily due to this Covid-19 and the resulting hit in their stock price, I dont think this is the year it could happen.

And never mind, I see this is an old post that was bumped.  Lol.

Edited by media_junkie