• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

I have Disney + and still buy 4k physical disc's.  The format will stick around even if the majority of sales are in digital form. Look at audio cd's, they are still released even though the preference is digital now.  

Of course I don't buy all the Marvel movies in 4k.  I passed on Ms. Marvel...:whistle:

7 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yes, and with the pandemic, you have less people going out to Best Buy to thumb through the Blu Ray/4K shelves or go to a Red Box. It's safer to just stream the movie at home.

I order Blu-rays from Amazon, so no need to leave the house in order to get better picture and sound. 

High-end physical media will always have a niche with home theater enthusiasts. However, sales of dvds, blue rays, 4K and ultra have all declined along with the media players themselves.  Will it go away completely? Probably not. Will downloading and streaming be the standard? Most certainly.  Will Spider-Man return to the MCU? Absolutely! 

Edited by bentbryan

When Alfred Molina was first invited to reprise his role as the villainous Otto Octavius in “Spider-Man: No Way Home” — the forthcoming third installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Spider-Man films, led by Tom Holland — he said he was told to keep it quiet.

“When we were shooting it, we were all under orders not to talk about it, because it was supposed to be some great big secret,” Molina said with a laugh during an interview with Variety about his role in the Oscar-nominated “Promising Young Woman.” “But, you know, it’s all over the internet. I actually described myself as the worst kept secret in Hollywood!”

Instead, not only did Molina confirm his involvement in “No Way Home,” he happily detailed his experience making the movie, and returning to a part he first played in Sam Raimi’s “Spider-Man 2” in 2004.

In their early conversations, Molina said, Watts told him that the movie will pick up Doc Ock’s story from “that moment” in the river, which in a franchise that include multiverses, time-travel and diverging timelines seems…plausible enough.

Molina’s concerns were more practical. He said that he asked Watts how they were going to deal with the fact that at 67, he’s aged since the 2004 film.

“He just looked at me, and said, ‘Did you see what we did to Bob Downey Jr. and Sam Jackson?'” Molina said with a laugh. In 2016’s “Captain America: Civil War,” Marvel Studios used CGI to de-age Robert Downey Jr. to look as he did in 1991; and in 2019’s “Captain Marvel,” also set in the 1990s, a de-aged Samuel L. Jackson played a younger version of his character, Nick Fury.

21 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/sony-spider-man-venom-movies-disney-plus-streaming/ Like I said doesn't seem like Disney is anywhere near ready to let go of Spider Man this to me seems like they're ready to go all in on Sonys Spider Man related content

You are so right. This is getting a lot of attention on social media.

Disney and Sony Set Massive Movie Deal, Bringing ‘Spider-Man’ Films to Disney Plus

The complex deal was wrangled by Chuck Saftler, head of business operations for ABC, Freeform, FX Networks and Acquisitions for Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution, and Keith Le Goy, president of worldwide distribution and networks for Sony Pictures Entertainment. The deal marks another example of the entertainment industry rewiring its business models to adjust to a new era of TV exhibition and distribution.

“This landmark multi-year, platform-agnostic agreement guarantees the team at Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution a tremendous amount of flexibility and breadth of programming possibilities to leverage Sony’s rich slate of award-winning action and family films across our direct-to-consumer services and linear channels,” said Chuck Saftler, head of business operations for ABC, Freeform, FX Networks and Acquisitions for Disney’s Media and Entertainment Distribution. “This is a win for fans, who will benefit from the ability to access the very best content from two of Hollywood’s most prolific studios across a multitude of viewing platforms and experiences.”

Le Goy noted that the deal was “groundbreaking” and reflected the studio’s focus on getting its movies distributed as widely as possible.

“This groundbreaking agreement reconfirms the unique and enduring value of our movies to film lovers and the platforms and networks that serve them,” said Le Goy. “We are thrilled to team up with Disney on delivering our titles to their viewers and subscribers. This agreement cements a key piece of our film distribution strategy, which is to maximize the value of each of our films, by making them available to consumers across all windows with a wide range of key partners.”

For a company that supposedly moved on from Spider-Man, Disney sure seems fired up over Spider-Man content. Maybe Disney is confused?!

(:

27 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

For a company that supposedly moved on from Spider-Man, Disney sure seems fired up over Spider-Man content. Maybe Disney is confused?!

(:

You're confused. What I had argued last week or so was that if Sony won't let Spider-Man stream on Disney+, then Disney will no longer make the Spider-Man films and the character is done in the MCU after No Way Home. That Spider-Man couldn't stream on Disney+ seemed to be the case when Sony had apparently signed an exclusive streaming deal with Netflix. Apparently it wasn't exclusive after all and now Sony will indeed let SPider-Man stream on Disney+ for 3 billion, which changes everything again. My entire argument about Disney's stance on Spider-Man was based on Disney+ not having access to Spider-Man.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

15 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You're confused. What I had argued last week or so was that if Sony won't let Spider-Man stream on Disney+, then Disney will no longer make the Spider-Man films and the character is done in the MCU after No Way Home. That Spider-Man couldn't stream on Disney+ seemed to be the case when Sony had apparently signed an exclusive streaming deal with Netflix. Apparently it wasn't exclusive after all and now Sony will indeed let SPider-Man stream on Disney+ for 3 billion, which changes everything again. My entire argument about Disney's stance on Spider-Man was based on Disney+ not having access to Spider-Man.

I'm sure you are relieved you can cancel that flight to the Sony HQ where you were hoping to lead a mass protest.

7t1D.gif.ec712b01447cf3a7700cf15f59012692.gif

Your entire argument was based on Disney+? No it wasn't. You have stated multiple times how the MCU doesn't need Spider-Man because it has Captain Marvel now who is also going to lead The Avengers. Those statements are peppered throughout this area over the months.

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm sure you are relieved you can cancel that flight to the Sony HQ where you were hoping to lead a mass protest.

7t1D.gif.ec712b01447cf3a7700cf15f59012692.gif

Your entire argument was based on Disney+? No it wasn't. You have stated multiple times how the MCU doesn't need Spider-Man because it has Captain Marvel now who is also going to lead The Avengers. Those statements are peppered throughout this area over the months.

I did say Marvel Studios doesn't need Spider-Man for the MCU to continue to be successful and I stand by that opinion. I never said Marvel Studios doesn't want Spidey, I said if they can't get access to him because Disney and Sony can't come to an agreement, then Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige will be just fine without him. Marvel Studios still doesn't need Spider-Man.

But if Disney and Sony can come to another movie deal agreement, then of course Marvel Studios and Feige will keep throwing him in movies. Sony signing a deal with Disney to let Spidey stream on Disney+ opens up that possibility.

Last week, according to media reports, that was not a possibility.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

You are so right. This is getting a lot of attention on social media.

Disney and Sony Set Massive Movie Deal, Bringing ‘Spider-Man’ Films to Disney Plus

(:

I had a feeling this would happen, because working together is better than losing investors over theater disruptions due to the pandemic.

12 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen - Find & Share on GIPHY

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen - Find & Share on GIPHY

I was wrong with the 3 billion number at least. 3 billion is what Sony is getting from Netflix and Disney combined. I was right in how important streaming and Disney+ is to Disney and this new deal is proof. I also stand by my theory/statement/whatever that any future deal that concerns Spider-Man continuing as a character in the MCU going forward (which includes Marvel Studios making Spider-Man movies for Sony), requires Spider-Man movies be able to stream on Disney+.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I was right in how important streaming and Disney+ is to Disney and this new deal is proof. I also stand by my theory/statement/whatever that any future deal that concerns Spider-Man continuing as a character in the MCU going forward (which includes Marvel Studios making Spider-Man movies for Sony), requires Spider-Man movies be able to stream on Disney+.

:roflmao:

(tsk)

8 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

:roflmao:

(tsk)

You honestly think in a post-pandemic world where streaming is now more important than ever, that Disney would continue to allow Marvel Studios to keep making Spider-Man movies for Sony(even with a meager 25% of box office take) if Sony won't let Disney stream those same Spider-Man movies on Disney+?

31 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You honestly think in a post-pandemic world where streaming is now more important than ever, that Disney would continue to allow Marvel Studios to keep making Spider-Man movies for Sony(even with a meager 25% of box office take) if Sony won't let Disney stream those same Spider-Man movies on Disney+?

Common sense:

Without Question Okoye GIF - WithoutQuestion Okoye BlackPanther - Discover  & Share GIFs