• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers, who penned both Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home, are already scripting a third movie that may move forward without involvementfrom Kevin Feige and Disney-owned Marvel Studios.

In the newest report published Friday, Deadline reports Disney and Sony — already engaged in a standoff over Spider-Man’s future in the shared Marvel Cinematic Universe — are now playing tug of war over director Jon Watts, who is not yet signed on for future movies on either side.

The piece confirms McKenna and Sommers are now penning a third Spider-Man for Sony, a --------script that could now face interference should it be stripped of any and all connections to Disney’s MCU.

Last month, the writers told ComicBook.com they have a “soft spot” for Kraven the Hunter, the famed Spider-Man villain who has his own spinoff movie in development at Sony. The writers also intimated they were interested in potentially utilizing a formerly Fox-controlled character newly acquired by Disney, who purchased Fox for $71.3 billion earlier this year.

“That’s a tough one,” McKenna told us when asked about the villain or villains to follow Jake Gyllenhaal’s Mysterio. “It’s also so tough because we’re dealing with MCU and Sony with it all, and some office would be like, ‘Well, you can’t use that one.’ Or what about this villain? ‘Oh, well, Fox owns that villain.’ But now that things have changed with Disney with Fox...”

“I’ve always had a soft spot for Kraven the Hunter,” added Sommers, agreeing with Watt’s previous declaration Kraven would prove an interesting but tricky foe in a future film.

27 minutes ago, Hawkman said:

Well, this sucks. If Spiderman is no longer a part of the MCU, I will bootleg the movies, but I won't be supporting Sony going forward.

To be fair, Disney did help contribute to the situation. Even when Sony took the profit-sharing from 5% to 25% Disney demanded much more.

Sad to see people throwing up their hands because it isn't in the MCU. Yet we have Venom 2 and Morbius to help enhance this franchise with Peter Parker.

Bootleg? :whatthe:

I didn't care for the Stark stuff, which was overdone, but what happens to the continuity? It will be strange, especially for general audiences, many who will wonder why past events are ignored. I can't believe that neither company will budge. I hate to admit it, but Sony needs Disney.

Sony will try and make 3 Spider-Verse films a year I bet.  More than Disney’s appetite in a co-production deal.  Sony can’t ignore the potential to make more money on their own.

Edited by Heronext

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

To be fair, Disney did help contribute to the situation. Even when Sony took the profit-sharing from 5% to 25% Disney demanded much more.

Sad to see people throwing up their hands because it isn't in the MCU. Yet we have Venom 2 and Morbius to help enhance this franchise with Peter Parker.

Bootleg? :whatthe:

Sony Spider-Man was "dead" though. I have not even seen Amazing Spider-Man 2 (the one with Electro) and don't even remember the Amazing Spider-Man 1. Of course I remember the the Tobey Maguire ones though. I didn't even see Homecoming until it was available to rent because I was so tired of Spider-Man movies.  They only reason Spider-Man films are popular again are because of Marvel Studios and the MCU. Disney deserves a bigger piece of the pie IHO.

8 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Sony Spider-Man was "dead" though. I have not even seen Amazing Spider-Man 2 (the one with Electro) and don't even remember the Amazing Spider-Man 1. Of course I remember the the Tobey Maguire ones though. I didn't even see Homecoming until it was available to rent because I was so tired of Spider-Man movies.  They only reason Spider-Man films are popular again are because of Marvel Studios and the MCU. Disney deserves a bigger piece of the pie IHO.

Going forward Sony has Tom Holland though. That is big.  Production and storyline-wise hopefully they will up their game from the Andrew Garfield days.

Edited by Heronext

14 minutes ago, Heronext said:

Going forward Sony has Tom Holland though. That is big.  Production and storyline-wise hopefully they will up their game from the Andrew Garfield days.

Only for one or two more movies....I'll put my money on him playing Night Monkey in future MCU movies :roflmao:.

Edit: On top of Holland's contract not being secure.  Sony will have to do a total reboot since Homecoming and Far From Home were tied in with the MCU.

Edited by Xenosmilus

hm I wonder if Disney could keep Zaendya character also.... Yes she goes by MJ in the movie but it doesn't stand for Mary Jane in the movies. It stands for Michelle Jones. I wonder if Disney had planned this to begin with :devil:

Edited by Xenosmilus

8 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Only for one or two more movies....I'll put my money on him playing Night Monkey in future MCU movies :roflmao:.

Edit: On top of Holland's contract not being secure.  Sony will have to do a total reboot since Homecoming and Far From Home were tied in with the MCU.

Will it, though? Both films were Sony films produced by the MCU.

With the FFH writers still attached to Spider-Man 3, along with Tom Holland, I think the combined team will figure out a way forward with:

• Peter Parker/Spider-Man
  • Aunt May
  • Mary Jane Watson
  • J. Jonah Jameson
  • Norman Osborn/Green Goblin 1
  • Harry Osborn/Green Goblin 2
  • Flash Thompson/Agent Venom
  • Gwen Stacey/Spider-Gwen
  • Ned Leeds/Hobgoblin 3
  • Eddie Brock/Venom
  • Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman
  • Julia Carpenter/Spider-Woman 2
  • Mattie Franklin/Spider-Woman 3
  • Cletus Kasady/Carnage
  • Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
  • Sergei Kravinoff/Kraven the Hunter
  • Silver Sablinova/Silver Sable
  • Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider
  • Dr. Michael Morbius/Morbius the Living Vampire
  • Aleksei Sytsevich/Rhino
  • Cassandra Webb/Madame Web
  • Cindy Moon/Silk
  • Morris Bench/Hydro-Man
  • Dmitri Smerdyakov/The Chameleon
  • Hammerhead
  • Lonnie Lincoln/Tombstone
  • Herman Schultz/Shocker
  • William Baker/Flint Marko/Sandman
  • Peter B. Porker/Spider-Ham
  • Anya Sofia Corazon/Spider-Girl

And much more.

:foryou:

Edited by Bosco685
Updated tiny sample

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Will it, though? Both films were Sony films produced by the MCU.

With the FFH writers still attached to Spider-Man 3, along with Tom Holland, I think the combined team will figure out a way forward with:

• Peter Parker/Spider-Man
  • Aunt May
  • Mary Jane Watson
  • J. Jonah Jameson
  • Norman Osborn/Green Goblin 1
  • Harry Osborn/Green Goblin 2
  • Flash Thompson/Agent Venom
  • Gwen Stacey/Spider-Gwen
  • Ned Leeds/Hobgoblin 3
  • Eddie Brock/Venom
  • Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman
  • Julia Carpenter/Spider-Woman 2
  • Mattie Franklin/Spider-Woman 3
  • Cletus Kasady/Carnage
  • Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
  • Sergei Kravinoff/Kraven the Hunter
  • Silver Sablinova/Silver Sable
  • Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider
  • Dr. Michael Morbius/Morbius the Living Vampire
  • Aleksei Sytsevich/Rhino
  • Cassandra Webb/Madame Web
  • Cindy Moon/Silk
  • Morris Bench/Hydro-Man
  • Dmitri Smerdyakov/The Chameleon
  • Hammerhead
  • Lonnie Lincoln/Tombstone
  • Herman Schultz/Shocker
  • William Baker/Flint Marko/Sandman
  • Peter B. Porker/Spider-Ham
  • Anya Sofia Corazon/Spider-Girl

And much more.

:foryou:

All that and really only one hero I care about. With only one hero who has multi-“re-skined” clones of himself I’m just not looking forward too it. One great hero among a lot of great villains that will go to waste. I’m almost certain in the long run Sony will screw this up and people will be burned out by Spider-Man. The great thing about the MCU is I don’t feel burned out by any of the characters.

Edited by Xenosmilus

55 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

All that and really only one hero I care about. With only one hero who has multi-“re-skined” clones of himself I’m just not looking forward too it. One great hero among a lot of great villains that will go to waste. I’m almost certain in the long run Sony will screw this up and people will be burned out by Spider-Man. The great thing about the MCU is I don’t feel burned out by any of the characters.

Sorry you feel that way. :foryou:

Just think of those those Spider-Man fans that felt he was over-shadowed by Tony Stark in the MCU, and may be relieved at this news. Though they may be on pins and needles wondering if at any time news will break Disney and Sony sorted out their differences.