• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Appreciate your updates as always, Bosco.  Curious -- are you the reigning Post King on the boards, and is it even close?  B-)

Thanks. Though I really don't track posts, nor competing with anyone for any count.

15 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Wouldn't make sense if they brought kraven in if they already have a spin off

Like the last two MCU Spider-Man flicks, I'm wagering that Spider-Man 3 will also be a kind of Marvel Team-Up movie. And if that's the case, who will the guest hero be?

22 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Venom

And a prelude to 

Venom 3 "maximum carnage"

Plus, I'm not sure Venom or Carnage are allowed to crossover into the MCU Spiderman movies, or even if Marvel Studios wants those versions of the characters in the MCU.

13 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Plus, I'm not sure Venom or Carnage are allowed to crossover into the MCU Spiderman movies, or even if Marvel Studios wants those versions of the characters in the MCU.

Spider-Man is owned by Sony, so is Venom aren't they? So I thought Spider-Man can't cross over into MCU? That's why I thought they would go in the direction of  "maximum carnage"

Daredevil is owned by Disney/MCU isnt he?

Same with Punisher, Kingpin Ect

But still a lot of strong characters Sony can use

Edited by Hollywood1892

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Spider-Man is owned by Sony, so is Venom

Daredevil is owned by Disney/MCU

Same with Punisher, Kingpin Ect

But still a lot of strong characters Sony can use

The movie rights to Spiderman and Venom are owned by Sony, right. But I think the agreement is still that the SONYverse villains do not crossover into the MCU Spiderman movies which are made by Disney/Marvel Studios. I don't even think Spider-Woman in costume can crossover to the MCU. The main thing that came out of the new Sony-Disney deal is that Tom Holland is allowed to appear in the SOnyverse villain movies like Venom 2 or Morbius. A feature of the last two MCU SPidey films is they featured a MCU only hero: Iron Man in Homecoming, Nick Fury in Far From Home. I'm saying that another MCU only hero, like Doctor Strange, may be featured in the third film.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The movie rights to Spiderman and Venom are owned by Sony, right. But I think the agreement is still that the SONYverse villains do not crossover into the MCU Spiderman movies which are made by Disney/Marvel Studios. I don't even think Spider-Woman in costume can crossover to the MCU. The main thing that came out of the new Sony-Disney deal is that Tom Holland is allowed to appear in the SOnyverse villain movies like Venom 2 or Morbius. A feature of the last two MCU SPidey films is they featured a MCU only hero: Iron Man in Homecoming, Nick Fury in Far From Home. I'm saying that another MCU only hero, like Doctor Strange, may be featured in the third film.

I've heard they will try to put together a Spidey super team against the sinister six, but that might be a Jay's down the road. But I did hear Maximum Carnage is a possible 'thing'

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Supposedly the old agreement and new agreement between Sony and Disney/MCU may have changed the arrangement so Spider-Man can appear in both cinema universes.

Marvel and Sony have cut a deal to keep Spider-Man in the MCU

It’s like he never left: Spider-Man is back in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios have announced that they have brokered a deal to keep the webslinger in the MCU, with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige producing the upcoming third Spider-Man film — slated to arrive in theaters on July 16, 2021.

“I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” Feige said in a statement obtained by Variety. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

Well since the first two had Vulture and Mysterio, with a scorpion set up, the last film would be a Doc Ock/Electro with perhaps a sinister 6 endgame, either full movie or halfway through the 3rd movie.

Doesn't make sense to do anything else, like at all, at this point.

9 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

Well since the first two had Vulture and Mysterio, with a scorpion set up, the last film would be a Doc Ock/Electro with perhaps a sinister 6 endgame, either full movie or halfway through the 3rd movie.

Doesn't make sense to do anything else, like at all, at this point.

Sinister Six could be a good Young Avengers villain IMO.