• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

Well since the first two had Vulture and Mysterio, with a scorpion set up, the last film would be a Doc Ock/Electro with perhaps a sinister 6 endgame, either full movie or halfway through the 3rd movie.

Doesn't make sense to do anything else, like at all, at this point.

My thought is that Kevin Feige prefers not to use any villains from the previous Spiderman franchises, so we won't see Otto Octavius or Max Dillon in the third film. That leaves the Grizzly as the obvious villain.

My other thought is that Sony wants Sinister Six for themselves and so will include Sonyverse (and more popular) villains like Venom, Carnage, and Moebius.

12 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

My thought is that Kevin Feige prefers not to use any villains from the previous Spiderman franchises, so we won't see Otto Octavius or Max Dillon in the third film. That leaves the Grizzly as the obvious villain.

My other thought is that Sony wants Sinister Six for themselves and so will include Sonyverse (and more popular) villains like Venom, Carnage, and Moebius.

So Kraven?

Man they gotta bring kingpin into spideyverse!

And what about Rhino?

5 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

So Kraven?

Man they gotta bring kingpin into spideyverse!

And what about Rhino?

Rhino was in Amazing Spider-Man 2. Not saying previous screen villains won’t happen, I just remember Feige saying they wanted to keep things fresh with Spider-Man, meaning not revisiting villains we’ve seen.

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Rhino was in Amazing Spider-Man 2. 

Yeah at the end, for five minutes...and to be honest, despite Giamatti's decent portrayal of a Russian, I think they could do a better job with Rhino

Like Juggernaut in Deadpool 2 compared to Juggernaut in X-men

Edited by Hollywood1892

9 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Yeah...but you think they will write out the vulture? In that case what does the sinister six look like to you?

I think for sure it will be Venom, Carnage, and Mörbius. Maybe add Black Cat for the female presence. Maybe Scorpion. There needs to be a wiser presence. Maybe Madame Web? Again, I’m pretty sure it will be a Sony film. Maybe it will be like Suicide Squad where they have to be heroes...

Edited by @therealsilvermane

14 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think for sure it will be Venom, Carnage, and Mörbius. Maybe add Black Cat for the female presence. Maybe Scorpion. There needs to be a wiser presence. Maybe Madame Web? Again, I’m pretty sure it will be a Sony film. Maybe it will be like Suicide Squad where they have to be heroes...

:facepalm:

14 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I also think a problem with including Vulture in a Sinister Six movie is having to pay Michael Keaton. I imagine the Sinister Six would probably be the third Venom movie, so Tom Hardy’s Eddie Brock would be the star and maybe the film’s focus. 

Marvel Studios said that they are focused on big-names for villains in the MCU. They want relatively unknown actors/actresses for hero roles, so, this isn't a potential problem.

33 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Marvel Studios said that they are focused on big-names for villains in the MCU. They want relatively unknown actors/actresses for hero roles, so, this isn't a potential problem.

Maybe DC should follow suit....but tbh that move makes sense, at least from Thanos perspective and maybe Loki with Tom Huddleston...but to move off big name actors for hero roles hmmmm

Every single hero in the MCU is a big name, every single one...they even paid big money for the voice of a rabbit

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

...Every single hero in the MCU is a big name, every single one...they even paid big money for the voice of a rabbit

Only because they've been in the MCU.

Who was Chris Evans before the MCU? Hemsworth? Ruffalo? Tom Holland? Practically nobodies until they signed on with Marvel.

Cooper and Diesel are outliers - not the constants.

As we can see with Robert California, Ego, Hela, etc, they've kinda been casting big-names for villains already.

What this means - is - I think groups like FF and X-Men are going to feature relatively unknown people. Maybe John Krasinski isn't being considered for Mister Fantastic. I wouldn't say he's a "big name" in movies, but he was for 1 long-time TV show.

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

Only because they've been in the MCU.

Who was Chris Evans before the MCU? Hemsworth? Ruffalo? Tom Holland? Practically nobodies until they signed on with Marvel.

You gotta be kidding me!

Chris Evans! Are you talking before playing Human Torch in Fantastic Four?

Not another teen movie

Losers

Mark Ruffalo!

In the cut

Reservation road

The last castle

Shutter Island

The Brothers Bloom

Greatest B Actor ever

Hemsworth!

The Cabin in the Woods

Red Dawn

Snow White and the Hunstman came out around the same time as Thor

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You gotta be kidding me!

Chris Evans! Are you talking before playing Human Torch in Fantastic Four?

Not another teen movie

Losers

Mark Ruffalo!

In the cut

Reservation road

The last castle

Shutter Island

The Brothers Bloom

Greatest B Actor ever

Hemsworth!

The Cabin in the Woods

Red Dawn

Snow White and the Hunstman came out around the same time as Thor

You confirm my point on Evans and Hemsworth. Outside of comic book fans - who saw both FF movies - Evans was relatively unknown.

Ruffalo was 40 and was in a handful of movies over a couple decades before he was an Avenger. That's not an impressive resume.

7 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You confirm my point on Evans and Hemsworth. Outside of comic book fans - who saw both FF movies - Evans was relatively unknown.

Ruffalo was 40 and was in a handful of movies over a couple decades before he was an Avenger. That's not an impressive resume.

Mark Ruffalo was in 36 movies before the Avengers

Here is a few awards he has won

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Mark_Ruffalo

Also best supporting actor noms for 

The kids are alright

Foxcatcher

Spotlight

Edited by Hollywood1892

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Mark Ruffalo was in 36 movies before the Avengers

Here is a few awards he has won

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Mark_Ruffalo

Also best supporting actor noms for 

The kids are alright

Foxcatcher

Spotlight

A bunch of unrecognizable roles in never-referenced movies that were forgotten after the audience left the theater. I'm impressed. The point still stands. He was relatively no one until he was Bruce Banner.