• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller morethantoys217?

37 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever bought from this seller - morethantoys217?

Has a lot of good GA books at auction (many closing tonight) but no description and only FC and BC pics with no enlargement of the pics.  Doesn't just deal in comics - has a over 4K of listings with good feedback rating.

Here's a link to a USA #9 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/362728343243

2 minutes ago, rjpb said:

They blocked me from bidding for asking about PQ and spine condition. Take that as you will.

I had the same happen, because I wanted better pictures of staples. I’ve bought from them before, but I’ve had to have a buddy place the bids. Pretty odd seller, but what I’ve gotten has been legit.

16 minutes ago, BarristerBaker said:

I had the same happen, because I wanted better pictures of staples. I’ve bought from them before, but I’ve had to have a buddy place the bids. Pretty odd seller, but what I’ve gotten has been legit.

Someone might a get a good deal on book if they are that quick to block potential buyers. 

I was watching all their auctions and I found the listings to be pretty silly, with no info provided and bad pics.  And who the heck blocks someone asking for more info?  I saw what looked to be resto on one or two books but the pics were so grainy it was hard to tell.  But someone was going strong on these as all jumped up considerably at the conclusion.  Still might be some deals, but it is a gamble. I was wanting the Subby 12, but it looked heavily water damaged.  And they had some lots with random keys in them and they went for nice prices too.   

The GA seemed to mostly go for around GD FMV, which is where they more or less seemed to be. 

They must think buyers who ask questions are more likely to send books back if they find undisclosed problems. 

28 minutes ago, mwotka said:

I was watching all their auctions and I found the listings to be pretty silly, with no info provided and bad pics.  And who the heck blocks someone asking for more info?  I saw what looked to be resto on one or two books but the pics were so grainy it was hard to tell.  But someone was going strong on these as all jumped up considerably at the conclusion.  Still might be some deals, but it is a gamble. I was wanting the Subby 12, but it looked heavily water damaged.  And they had some lots with random keys in them and they went for nice prices too.   

I was the under bidder on each of the three timelys... Sub All winners and USA- I sniped and thought I went strong and still lost all three so someone wanted them badly. I was hesitant because of the crappy descriptions etc but I figured I would return them if something really bad. The group ones were even crazier. 

I couldn't tell anything from the pics so I shied away as I said but it never ceases to amaze how some sellers play games with their listings.  Here is one for Cap 27

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293191916991?ul_noapp=true

The cover is one of the great one but the seller never outright states the book is incomplete.  I sent a message saying the book should have 68 pgs counting the covers so I assume it is incomplete.  The response I got back was a simple, one word - Yes.

Maybe anyone bidding one this book knows it has 68 and not 59 pgs.  That seems like a lot of pages missing to me.  Since I am not a Timely expert but know this is a very desirable cover, what is reasonable for it to sell for?

29 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I was the under bidder on each of the three timelys... Sub All winners and USA- I sniped and thought I went strong and still lost all three so someone wanted them badly. I was hesitant because of the crappy descriptions etc but I figured I would return them if something really bad. The group ones were even crazier. 

It's getting increasingly hard to find war cover Timely's in GD for less than $500, and if you do they are probably 1944-45 books, so I'm not surprised at the prices for the Subby and USA 4, even if they end up a little short of 2.0. The USA 9 missing the cf was somewhat strong, but maybe if you have/find a cf it would be worth it.  

4 minutes ago, telerites said:

I couldn't tell anything from the pics so I shied away as I said but it never ceases to amaze how some sellers play games with their listings.  Here is one for Cap 27

The cover is one of the great one but the seller never outright states the book is incomplete.  I sent a message saying the book should have 68 pgs counting the covers so I assume it is incomplete.  The response I got back was a simple, one word - Yes.

Maybe anyone bidding one this book knows it has 68 and not 59 pgs.  That seems like a lot of pages missing to me.  Since I am not a Timely expert but know this is a very desirable cover, what is reasonable for it to sell for?

Just to clarify, that's a completely different seller.

3 minutes ago, telerites said:

I'm still trying to figure out how it has an odd number of pages, considering there is one on either side of each leaf. It's a relisting and sold for $1800 last time, but perhaps the winner only belatedly realized it was incomplete. 

If it were complete, it would likely sell for north of $2000.

5 minutes ago, rjpb said:

It's getting increasingly hard to find war cover Timely's in GD for less than $500, and if you do they are probably 1944-45 books, so I'm not surprised at the prices for the Subby and USA 4, even if they end up a little short of 2.0. The USA 9 missing the cf was somewhat strong, but maybe if you have/find a cf it would be worth it.  

I thought I was crazy for what I bid on the USA 9 and thought no way I am losing it lol

4 minutes ago, rjpb said:

I'm still trying to figure out how it has an odd number of pages, considering there is one on either side of each leaf. It's a relisting and sold for $1800 last time, but perhaps the winner only belatedly realized it was incomplete. 

If it were complete, it would likely sell for north of $2000.

I thought the same on the page count.

The Cap 27 has been listed on eBay a couple of times before so I'm suspecting at least a return due to discovering the book was incomplete.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-1943-Comic-Book-27-/293159470021

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-1943-Comic-Book-27/293164671226

I sent word to the seller the book should be 64 interior pages and the listing should state that it's incomplete.  No response and no changes to the listing...which shows the game the seller is playing.

1 hour ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I avoided the obvious single book auctions since many look to be water damaged and possibly have brittle page quality. I did win one of the crazy group ones. It looked to be a decent Baker book mixed among rubbishy 60's Charltons. I swear this has got to be the first and last time in my lifetime that I will see a Teen-Age Romances 13 in the same lot with a Charlton David Cassidy lol.

david Cassidy.jpg

Edited by GomerPyleUSMC

5 minutes ago, GomerPyleUSMC said:

I avoided the obvious single book auctions since many look to be water damaged and possibly have brittle page quality. I did win one of the crazy group ones. It looked to be a decent Baker book mixed among rubbishy 60's Charltons. I swear this has got to be the first and last time in my lifetime that I will see a Teen-Age Romances 13 in the same lot with a Charlton David Cassidy lol.

david Cassidy.jpg

Nice Grab and I agree! the other group I noticed had an AMerica's Best 11 hidden in there lol

25 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Nice Grab and I agree! the other group I noticed had an AMerica's Best 11 hidden in there lol

I think the Boy Commandos 1 was the tent pole there. She also had another lot advertised as "15 Vintage DC and Marvel Comics with Captain America, Batman" that were not exactly vintage nor a superhero lot. Oddly enough she threw in a Spellbound 1, Strange Tales 7, and a Sensation Mystery, decent PCH from the 1950's which were the real attractions.