• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

Marvel Studios ‘SHE-HULK’ Targeting July Start of Production

Three of Marvel Studios Disney Plus series are now in production in Atlanta with Ms. Marvel on deck with a scheduled April start. Next up: She-Hulk, which I have learned is planning to begin production in Atlanta in July.

Announced at 2019’s D23, along with Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight, She-Hulk will be written by Jessica Gao (Rick and Morty) and is expected to be a location-heavy production, meaning it might not require quite as much studio time as something like Loki. The search for an actress to portray Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk began late last year.

Given the production delays on several Marvel Studios projects due to weather, natural disasters and other unexpected circumstances and the fact that the production of Loki was actually moved up about 10 days, I’m not even trying to bother pinpointing a date in July and just accepting the fact that until the cameras start to roll, I might not know one. However, I am penciling She-Hulk in for a July start of production. She-Hulk should air on Disney Plus in the second half of 2021, though no official release date has been given.

250700274_ScreenShot2020-02-28at9_17_40AM.thumb.png.65bb957bcd3fb7532d89bc94989d3297.png

Earlier this week, word came out that Marvel was looking for an “Alison Brie-type” for She-Hulk on Disney+. Obviously fans thought that was a great idea as fan art of her in the role immediately appeared, and people wondered why they didn’t just cast her in the role. 

In what appears to be perfect timing for such a thing to happen on the internet, Alison appeared on The Late Show with James Corden last night and he asked her about it. He response actually came off a bit suspicious and some have pointed out it’s similar to how Paul Rudd denied being cast as Ant-Man right before he was officially confirmed. 

The rumors were brought up to her and she said, “I didn’t know it was such a trending thing, but I woke up to a lot of Instagram posts of like side-by-side pictures of me and She-Hulk, which I just thought; ‘cool’. And then that quote about an “Alison Brie-type”, which honestly I found very exciting because for years I’ve auditioned for the Anne Hathaway type or the Zooey Deschanel type, I was very flattered to be my own type for somebody else.”

She then joked with Corden about making some phone calls, but he asks her directly if she would want to be She-Hulk, and she begins to stumble saying, “I find it interesting.” That part of the interview is what people are finding suspicious as her reaction almost seems to be hiding something that she isn’t supposed to talk about, which again reminds people of Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man denial.