• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad News
5 5

61 posts in this topic

received a call earlier today that my best friend Don, the guy who got my love of comics back was killed in a bike accident today

rest in peace my friend you are missed already

it's just unbelievable

Edited by Azkaban

1 hour ago, Azkaban said:

he was the best, would help anyone out anytime. He and I both worked for the same company but he had been there longer and when we sold off a piece of the business he was able to retire at 53. He was a huge comic and original art guy thru and thru, one of the best I've ever been around when it came to negotiating. Year before last we were at the Superman celebration in Metropolis Illinois and one of the vendors had an original piece of Green Lantern art, he saw it when we arrived and said it would be his before we left and it was. I have about seven more years before I can retire but we had already started to set up at small booths at little shows and selling off dups. Batman and Spider-Man were his favorites. He called me Wednesday and was going to be in town and wanted to grab a bite to eat, I'm so thankful I did. We sat around and talked comics and about getting ready for the Russellville show that we were going to set up at in November

Sounds like he was a great guy and I'm glad you got to spend some time with him before he passed.  Thanks for telling us a bit about him.