• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canada Fan Expo, same old same old

5 posts in this topic

It’s like beating a dead horse by now I know but I’m getting so sick of how mis managed this show is. It’s seriously getting stupid. Artists supposed to be there all 4 days don’t show up until Friday. Their handlers say the show knew but of course website isn’t updated or signs out out on the table.

Guys like Lemire pull out at literally at the last second. Is there an email blast? A sign out up at artists alley to let the fans know about it? Of course not. 

They get Todd Mcfarlane which is cool as hell but what kind of signings is he doing? 3 signings for the whole con and it’s 1 item per person. (Not there Thu/Fri) Today (Saturday the 24th) people were lining up before 8am to get a ticket to then wait in line later for a sig. show doesn’t even open until 10am. Would have been easier to charge 5$ per ticket that you could buy from a kiosk inside the show. 

Total like Tim Sale who has a really  attitude all day only giving sigs in the first and last hour of the show but then changing the times on the fly. Like why the hell are you here if not to sign stuff for YOUR FANS!! I just don’t get it. Some of the artists are the coolest people and some are just complete who are unprofessional.

and I haven’t even started on how bad the communication about passes is. They’ve gone to the plastic pass cards on lanyards which is cool and you have to “activate” them and they say that way if they’re lost or stolen somebody else can’t get into the show with your pass. What a load of . My buddy had his Sunday pass stolen. We couldn’t find ANY INFO ANYWHERE on the FaNExpo website, Ticket Vendor website , emails or even on the pass’s themselves to find out how to cancel the pass so you can go in and get a new one. My buddy emailed, tweeted and messaged on IG with no response from anybody. It’s such a joke. 

At least there are lots of awesome creators and fellow attendees that make the event fun but this is getting worse every year and they just don’t seem to care until it effects the event itself. 

Rant Over. 

Edited by Canadian Geek

9 hours ago, Canadian Geek said:

It’s like beating a dead horse by now I know but I’m getting so sick of how mis managed this show is. It’s seriously getting stupid. Artists supposed to be there all 4 days don’t show up until Friday. Their handlers say the show knew but of course website isn’t updated or signs out out on the table.

Guys like Lemire pull out at literally at the last second. Is there an email blast? A sign out up at artists alley to let the fans know about it? Of course not. 

They get Todd Mcfarlane which is cool as hell but what kind of signings is he doing? 3 signings for the whole con and it’s 1 item per person. (Not there Thu/Fri) Today (Saturday the 24th) people were lining up before 8am to get a ticket to then wait in line later for a sig. show doesn’t even open until 10am. Would have been easier to charge 5$ per ticket that you could buy from a kiosk inside the show. 

Total like Tim Sale who has a really  attitude all day only giving sigs in the first and last hour of the show but then changing the times on the fly. Like why the hell are you here if not to sign stuff for YOUR FANS!! I just don’t get it. Some of the artists are the coolest people and some are just complete who are unprofessional.

and I haven’t even started on how bad the communication about passes is. They’ve gone to the plastic pass cards on lanyards which is cool and you have to “activate” them and they say that way if they’re lost or stolen somebody else can’t get into the show with your pass. What a load of . My buddy had his Sunday pass stolen. We couldn’t find ANY INFO ANYWHERE on the FaNExpo website, Ticket Vendor website , emails or even on the pass’s themselves to find out how to cancel the pass so you can go in and get a new one. My buddy emailed, tweeted and messaged on IG with no response from anybody. It’s such a joke. 

At least there are lots of awesome creators and fellow attendees that make the event fun but this is getting worse every year and they just don’t seem to care until it effects the event itself. 

Rant Over. 

Hey Chad,

I'm curious about who was listed incorrectly on the website. I tried my best to update the site with the days guests are attending, I'm trying to herd a bunch of creator guests and asked people to advise if there were any schedule changes. There is a disconnect if a rep decides to tell a travel coordinator that they are changing their days and don't always relay that information to me. So technically the show may have known in some capacity but the information wasn't relayed so the proper changes were made. Sometimes that works the other way though, Jason Fabok was only Sat/Sun until literally Thursday morning when I was advised he'd be there all four days. This is often an issue with the process when I'm going through middle men. 

Jeff Lemire emailed on Thursday morning. We're all disappointed when a guest cancels last minute, but the minute he did cancel that information was relayed to the social and marketing team and the website was updated and his signings were canceled on the schedule. He didn't have a table to put a sign out at, was cancelled Thursday for signings on Friday and Saturday. 

Todd McFarlane signed yesterday from 10:30 am to 7 pm and the only breaks he took were to use the washroom and to do his panel. So sorry, three signings is incorrect. He signed for about 7 hours yesterday. They made a decision at his booth to change the number of autographs in order to accommodate everyone but absolutely NO ONE was allowed to line up until the doors opened at 9:30 AM. By the way, the show opens at 9:30 for people who have weekend passes and he started signing at 10:30. Exhibitors - who did try to line up at 8 am - were not allowed to line up until after the general admission crowds were let in at 10am. Even then, we were giving out wristbands for the Todd signings until about 11 am for the day. 

We're repeating the process in about four hours from when I write this. Todd will be signing from 10am until his panel this afternoon.

I'm sorry to learn this about Tim Sale, I'll ask his reps what's going on.

Right on the badge activation page 

image.thumb.png.d3f908cf7fb4d563ba9f581085b14031.png

Edited by Kevin Boyd

14 hours ago, Canadian Geek said:

Total like Tim Sale who has a really  attitude all day only giving sigs in the first and last hour of the show but then changing the times on the fly. Like why the hell are you here if not to sign stuff for YOUR FANS!! I just don’t get it. 

Sale pulled this same BS at Megacon. I love his work and had a bunch of things I wanted signed yet every time I walked by his booth he’s just siting there drawing some commission ignoring the world. The one time I stopped to see to see what he was drawing, he looks up and gives me stink eye. Like, dude, if you just want to sit there and draw then hire a rep, stay home, and do mail commissions. And he pulled the time switcheroo at least once, too. I have a beautiful LH Absolute HC I’d love signed but if I ever see him at a con again, I’m writing him off until someone gets through to him to stop being a tool.