• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 20-23, 2020
2 2

16 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2020 at 2:10 PM, Raze said:

Ive herd this show is great for buying comics...are there a lot of comic book dealers? I DONT like entertainment geusts.

Historically it has always been an excellent buying show. I’m hoping I may sneak up for Thursday only, will have to see. :wishluck:

I'd say it's THE show for buying comics-- and I do a lot of these.  A ton of the big dealers and some smaller ones with amazing Pre-Code and Gold and Silver comics, BUT, and this is a big one, you have to get there early before the dealers buy from each other.   I'm talking figure out a way to help out at a booth so you can get exhibitor passes and then be on the floor Wednesday and Thursday before the show opens.   Long before.   If you're not so worried about deals and you just want selection, this is still a great show.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, AndyFish said:

I'd say it's THE show for buying comics-- and I do a lot of these.  A ton of the big dealers and some smaller ones with amazing Pre-Code and Gold and Silver comics, BUT, and this is a big one, you have to get there early before the dealers buy from each other.   I'm talking figure out a way to help out at a booth so you can get exhibitor passes and then be on the floor Wednesday and Thursday before the show opens.   Long before.   If you're not so worried about deals and you just want selection, this is still a great show.

Year after year Chicago has been a great place for buying comics but expect lots of competition before the show starts.  Between the dealers who set-up and the many weekend warriors with their free dealer passes.....lets just say that the sharks are circling until the chum hits the water!

We have been setting up at Chicago since the mid 90's and most years we make our goal before the show even starts.  Last year the buying dealer crowd before the show seemed quite a bit less than usual but our gross at the end of the show was the best ever so no complaints....it was just weird selling more to regular customers than dealers.

Our booth will be in the same place as the last several years....booth #1201 Mark Scott Comics....looking forward to it already!

On 3/4/2020 at 3:59 PM, mmac27 said:

I wonder if CGC plans to be there again this year, I was considering going to this one & was hoping to drop some comics off.

They have attended for years. They don’t do onsite grading anymore, but you can drop off. 

CGC event schedule

11 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

Would love to meet Steranko :headbang:

He's an awesome guest. Be prepared to stand in his line because he really takes his time with each person and tells a lot of stories. Very entertaining when you get close enough to hear the stories, but it will take some time.

I'm hoping that everything calms down enough to where the show will happen. If this is one of the first big shows of the year it might end up being more like the days of yore.

Edited by mysterio

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

He's an awesome guest. Be prepared to stand in his line because he really takes his time with each person and tells a lot of stories. Very entertaining when you get close enough to hear the stories, but it will take some time.

I'm hoping that everything calms down enough to where the show will happen. If this is one of the first big shows of the year it might end up being more like the days of yore.

I was just thinking about that this morning. Hopefully the con will take place, and all resources are thrown into the show to make it spectacular again :headbang: