• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #129 Miswrap Claptrap
1 1

78 posts in this topic

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:
7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

The width of the yellow space under the Punisher's shoe should equal the yellow spacing above the MCG blue bar on the left AND the right.  Otherwise, it's vertical rubbish. :sumo: 

...and there should be red visible on BOTH of Spider-Man's upside-down elbows.:slapfight:

:kidaround:

Face it jbPOZ.gif the art is too big for the cover lol 

Agreed, the only way everything would fit on the front cover is that the right edge would have so much overhang it would get smushed against the slab.  Someone should be "punished". hm

:idea:

Let's blame Pider-Man.

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

press it enough times and the miswrap will come around making it properly centered. This is sarcasm and is not to be taken seriously. I have no idea what kind of price difference a better wrapped one would bring. I would walk past this copy. If the price tag of comic is creeping around to the back of the book, it's gross.

:foryou:

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

Agreed, the only way everything would fit on the front cover is that the right edge would have so much overhang it would get smushed against the slab.  Someone should be "punished". hm

:idea:

Let's blame Pider-Man.

I hadn't noticed the red on spidey's elbows, hopefully I can unsee it if needed :) Plenty of copies out there, your 6.5 doesn't look at all bad in retrospect ;) 

47 minutes ago, mrc said:

Nice book. I actually find white margins or diagonal miss-wraps to be worse regarding eye appeal. I would happily have that book in my collection with a 10-15% adjustment against a perfectly centred book. 

Well said (thumbsu

I would be ok with the miswrap but would want it at a slightly lower price than the perfectly wrapped one. 

I do like Valiantman grading of centering as seen in sports card grading but I agree with the rest of the people on this forum its deeply to late to bring something like that around now and would definitely cause a lot of backlash and chaos. Specially on Resubs..

30 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

But what if it's pink?!Great centering on this,but some sort of tape pull the size of a nickle on the back.I still love it.

!!!!!0.jpg

First appearance of Le Celui Qui Chatie!  Mais oui commentallevue! 

I talk French me and everything :)

Printing errors are a lot less important to me than defects like stains creases tears writing etc but in this day and age of 1000 buck books you should get what you want for your money.  I think there is a huge volume of books that have printing errors.  I will take a printing error over a date stamp book every time.

Look at this carp...  just plain silly...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_947.jpg.dd7cd1d5de362122ccac007b608e120b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Printing errors are a lot less important to me than defects like stains creases tears writing etc but in this day and age of 1000 buck books you should get what you want for your money.  I think there is a huge volume of books that have printing errors.  I will take a printing error over a date stamp book every time.

Yes, very silly. As if someone could manipulate molecules like that. Pure nonsense! 

I quite like the dodgy staples though. 

7 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

I like the date stamp books kind of a history badge for the book

42 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

I recall seeing a CGC 9.6 copy of this issue with very similar staple (mis)placement.

Before the speculation era went into high gear.

And at a nosebleed price. 

Can’t recall exactly... $10k ?

Edited by Ken Aldred

49 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I recall seeing a CGC 9.6 copy of this issue with very similar staple (mis)placement.

Before the speculation era went into high gear.

And at a nosebleed price. 

Can’t recall exactly... $10k ?

Yeah...  So you can clearly see the spine is centered but the right side not so much.  No it is not a 9.6 and I do not think it has been cut.  Not excusing the staples BUT what is the printer to do?  Dark ages of comic printing hehe...

44 minutes ago, Jeffreykli said:

My copy is pretty well centered...a little bit off from the top/bottom.

1902150230042.jpg

Yeah but the 9.6 on the label is off centered. Better get it reholdered or it will be woth nothing.