• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

will it come back incomplete?

20 posts in this topic

So last week I got a comic I always wanted since I was a little kid. The book his really high grade and I got it for a deal. However on the very last page a coupon is cut out but it doesn't effect story. While I was at the convention I sent it to CGC using a facilitator that was there. My friend says it will come back in one of two ways, A green label or a blue qualified label but saying its incomplete. I'm not to worried about the green label but I really dont want it coming back as saying incomplete. all the pages are there, just one small section on the last page has a missing coupon that doesn't affect story. now i'm worried.

an anyone tell me how this is gonna play out?

It'll come back with a notation about the coupon cutout no matter what - this is exactly the kind of info that should always be on the CGC label.

If the book is high grade, you'll get a green, Qualified label slab.

If it's low grade, you'll get a blue, Universal label slab.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:37 PM, mschmidt said:

It'll come back with a notation about the coupon cutout no matter what - this is exactly the kind of info that should always be on the CGC label.

If the book is high grade, you'll get a green, Qualified label slab.

If it's low grade, you'll get a blue, Universal label slab.

I don't mind if it mentions it. I expected that. I just don't want it saying it's incomplete when all pages are there. I know that the word incomplete is going to make people want to lowball me when the time comes to sell later down the road.

23 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

The label should read something like this: "Coupon missing from last page, does not affect story. INCOMPLETE." 

Yeah, the incomplete part is what I'm afraid of. even if it's a super high grade I know people are going to want to lowball me super hard just because of that one word.

Edited by lanternfan55

yeah your not going to be able to get around the incomplete part. but I would be more weary of the green label as those tend to sell for a bit less than the blue label. 

I’d contact the company to find out what your options are and see how to ensure the most satisfying result.

10 hours ago, Krishosein said:

yeah your not going to be able to get around the incomplete part. but I would be more weary of the green label as those tend to sell for a bit less than the blue label. 

better than purple from what I have researched

7 hours ago, lanternfan55 said:

How do I go about doing that?

get your invoice number from your facilitator, and call or email cgc directly.  If you can't find CGC contact info on the internet, your facilitator should be able to provide it to you.

Edited by revat

No way around it, it will say "Incomplete" and mention the coupon cut, but that it does not affect the story.

You will automatically get lower offers on such a book. Even raw. It depends on the book though. Interested in seeing it when you get it. For me, if its something like an ASM #129, I want everything there. I would take a solid CGC 5.0 complete blue label over a qualified CGC 8.0 with a coupon cut, even if that did not affect the story.

However, if the book were a JIM #83, I would just be happy to own the darned thing period so the fact that a coupon is missing would mean less to me...does that make any sense?

On 9/4/2019 at 1:12 PM, comicginger1789 said:

No way around it, it will say "Incomplete" and mention the coupon cut, but that it does not affect the story.

You will automatically get lower offers on such a book. Even raw. It depends on the book though. Interested in seeing it when you get it. For me, if its something like an ASM #129, I want everything there. I would take a solid CGC 5.0 complete blue label over a qualified CGC 8.0 with a coupon cut, even if that did not affect the story.

However, if the book were a JIM #83, I would just be happy to own the darned thing period so the fact that a coupon is missing would mean less to me...does that make any sense?

Its a Green Lantern #1

On 9/4/2019 at 1:12 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Yep.  :foryou:

3 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry, but that's probably the best you could hope for...

Hey i'm happy with it :) 

Bought it for $350 raw and since I was sending in another book to be a SS copy, I thought might as well. When or if the time comes to sell, I can at least break even on it. However, that wont be for a long time or unless I get the chance to upgrade it.

14 minutes ago, lanternfan55 said:

Hey i'm happy with it :) 

Bought it for $350 raw and since I was sending in another book to be a SS copy, I thought might as well. When or if the time comes to sell, I can at least break even on it. However, that wont be for a long time or unless I get the chance to upgrade it.

(thumbsu