• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you remember the 1st book you bought off Ebay?
1 1

44 posts in this topic

i'm almost positive it was this one. it was the first ever cgc slab i'd bought and ss'd to boot, but.... i way over paid for it even by today's standards!!!! at a whopping $200 :whatthe::tonofbricks:

GetImage.aspx?c=3204576&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

This book, and yep I still have it. Got it for like 7 bucks shipped if I remember correctly. Must have been around 2001 or so, maybe 2000 which is when I joined ebay. Not a big score, but I remember how fun it was to win it and get it in the mail. Somehow it is still my only copy.

IMG_2371.jpg

I think I sold on eBay before I started buying... 

I recently found a printout of sold items when I had 24 feedback. I was selling Batman the Animated Series figures. 

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think I sold on eBay before I started buying... 

I recently found a printout of sold items when I had 24 feedback. I was selling Batman the Animated Series figures. 

only Buzz would sell before becoming a buyer-

28 minutes ago, kav said:

only Buzz would sell before becoming a buyer-

I was selling on the Prodigy network before that.    It helped pay for books and gas for college.  However I was also buying comics sight unseen and simply described by condition on Prodigy as well.  I remember dealer from one notable buyer there that is still on the con circuit today... Stu Bishop.

Ah... the toy scalping days... 

Edited by Buzzetta

First book I bought off ebay I don't remember. First comics I bought on ebay was a near complete run of Weird Western Tales for like 25 bucks. I think it was only missing two issues. Of course that was in 1996 or so, back when I got so much stuff for super cheap on there.

In 2002 bought 9 issues of late 70's-early 80's Heavy Metal for a winning bid of $7.51. This included issue #47 featuring The Horny Goof by Moebius. Had it in HS and was thrilled to be able to find it again.

The first actual comics I bought on eBay were in 2003 (on the same day) Invaders #1 ($10), Invaders #2 & #4 ($1.99 ea) and . . . Thor 337-340 NM, $10 for the set.

I tested the water with a cheap run of Harbinger Valiant issues, 1 up.

After I’d paid, I got an email from the seller in which I read the line ‘I am not a professional grader’ for the first time and, surprise, surprise, the books were all garbage, despite originally being described as near mint.

One reason I soon gravitated towards CGC, before eventually joining the boards here.