• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any comic shops in NYC sell OA? Looking for something to do tomorrow!

10 posts in this topic

Hey all - looking to do some shopping tomorrow, and trying to figure out if I’ve missed any opportunities to check out available comic art in NYC. I’ve never seen any in any of the shops I’ve visited, but wondering if anyone knows of any particular places worth a trip that have stuff worth checking out.

I’ll be in the city tomorrow morning (Tuesday) so I might be able to swing by and add someplace to my schedule.

I know it’s a shot in the dark, but just thought I’d ask!

Frank

8 hours ago, rrichards said:

Anthony Snyder is a short ride over the Bridge in NJ .(Uber $20) He has tons of stuff. 

Yeah if we had more time we’d have done that... I’d like to at some point. 

Didn’t work out with Metropolis although they were fantastically nice. Said I was welcome to come check out their collection of stuff in their office...but in order to really look through stuff for purchase they’d either need me to provide a list of a few specific pieces I’d want to see or 24-48 hours..both of which are 100 percent reasonable. Like I said it was awfully nice to even offer to let me come bother them and see the stuff they’ve got hanging up.  I didn’t want to be a pest though so I told them that I’d just try to schedule something further in advance my next trip. 

1 hour ago, fmaz said:

Yeah if we had more time we’d have done that... I’d like to at some point. 

Didn’t work out with Metropolis although they were fantastically nice. Said I was welcome to come check out their collection of stuff in their office...but in order to really look through stuff for purchase they’d either need me to provide a list of a few specific pieces I’d want to see or 24-48 hours..both of which are 100 percent reasonable. Like I said it was awfully nice to even offer to let me come bother them and see the stuff they’ve got hanging up.  I didn’t want to be a pest though so I told them that I’d just try to schedule something further in advance my next trip. 

Not sure what other options you have but passing up on Metropolis would be a missed opportunity for me. You might not end up buying anything but you never know what might materialize in the future from that visit. 

21 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Not sure what other options you have but passing up on Metropolis would be a missed opportunity for me. You might not end up buying anything but you never know what might materialize in the future from that visit. 

Oh I’ll 100 percent do it on a future trip. I just felt like this would have been a half-butt way of doing it and I didn’t want to waste their time. Plus I had my wife and son with me who are tolerant... to a point. LOL. 

But l’ll absolutely do it in the future and now I have a contact. 

4 hours ago, ATKokmen said:

If you're content with just seeing original art, even if purchasing isn't an option, the Society of Illustrators is currently running an exhibit of a lot of awesome Batman original artwork. Might be worth a look...and make you wish you could afford it even if were for sale...

Glad you posted that... if only so that others saw it.  Too late for us.  Yes, we saw it and considered it and I’d highly recommend people check it out.  We went last year (well, two years ago now, I think) when they hosted the show of Mike Burkey’s Spidey art and it was phenomenal.  I don’t think this collection of Batman art will rise to that level... but I’m sure it would be worthy of a visit for those who have the time!!

15 hours ago, fmaz said:

You should have stopped by. It's well worth the visit and they don't mind visitors. I had a great time on my visit.