• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Kosher or Do I Have Right to Complain on Shipping from Seller
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I bought 2 Walking Dead CBCS comics on Ebay for which the seller charged $14.35 shipping for each one, $28.70 total and sent both together in a $12.00 or so priority mailer and didn't offer me a rebate. I didn't realize I bought them from the same seller so I didn't bring this up ahead of time nor did the seller. The Ebay listing for both of them did not mention discounted combined shipping. The books arrived yesterday. Should I say anything to the seller or is it too late? I realize this was my responsibility to ask beforehand which I didn't 

you can always try to ask for a difference in the shipping since it was combined but if he refunds it would be out of a good deed as if the listing doesn't say anything about combined shipping etc.. the seller really has no obligation and you didn't pay attention at check out or even ask for combined shipping etc... 

If I end up winning multiple items from the same seller, I request an invoice with combined shipping, even if their listing doesn't specifically state they will combine shipping. Most will. I've only had one or two refuse out of over a thousand transactions. They just don't get my business again. I leave fair feedback, never anything negative, in these situations.

I ask for combined shipping before I bid/buy.  That is the time during a transaction during which the buyer has the most leverage.  After a purchase is too late, IMO. 

Some sellers who don't combine shipping may be factoring that into their prices, etc. and I don't like to hassle sellers.  I have been a seller and it is painful to go back and forth over what is, essentially, a few dollars.  The time spent negates the benefit of the sale, IMO.

On ‎08‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, Gaard said:

but if it doesn't say anything about combined shipping in the listings, it's wrong to assume so.

I'm not even sure if that matters in this case.

It boils down to the charge of $28 shipping, which was sent via a $12 postage.

Their initial price is certainly fair but it becomes gauging after that whether explicitly stated or not.  I think anyways.

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Of course, technically, if he refuses combined shipping, he should have shipped them in separate boxes.

and I was going to say that as well (if they charged 2 separate full shipping charges).  Another good point.