• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which is Better for an MCU Movie? Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (1984) or Secret Wars (2015).
1 1

Which is Better? Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (1984) or Secret Wars (2015)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Better? Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (1984) or Secret Wars (2015) for an MCU Movie.

• Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (1984)
    • Secret Wars (2015)
    • I'm old school and never read Secret Wars (2015)
    • You gezzers are old, Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (1984) is way too old and I never read it.
    • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (1984) is the better comic but it would not translate as well in the MCU.
    • Secret Wars (2015) is the better comic but it would not translate as well in the MCU.
    • Both are overrated.

15 posts in this topic

Not a bad idea to do Secret Wars, if only to see one of my favourite characters, Molecule Man. 

He featured in both the original and more recent series.

Edited by Ken Aldred

8 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Come on guys! 283 views and only 13 votes!!!

It's not giving me the ability to vote.

Did I vote, not comment, and forget? lol

1984's Secret Wars would be an interesting concept to adapt. Considering how much and how often they change things I could see it working out with the right writers and director(s). I think the Russo brothers have left the door open to direct another big event for the MCU.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:42 AM, Taneleer Tivan said:

It's not giving me the ability to vote.

Did I vote, not comment, and forget? lol

1984's Secret Wars would be an interesting concept to adapt. Considering how much and how often they change things I could see it working out with the right writers and director(s). I think the Russo brothers have left the door open to direct another big event for the MCU.

It would be interesting as it might be more massive than the scope of movies that brought us to Avengers Endgame but not need to have as much as a buildup to the main event.

1. Some individual movies end with characters blinking out at the end of their movies to arrive on battleworld.
  2. Other individual movies take place on battleworld involving some other characters from other movies with some of those characters just appearing on battleworld like in Thor Ragnorak how Thor just 'found' Hulk already there and the narrative of how Hulk got there was explained in the dialogue. 
  3. Main event movies where Secret Wars takes over two movies like Infinity War and Endgame while movies between those two involve individual movies described above.

You figure you need one entire phase of movies to do this?  Maybe two? 

9 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

I'm re-reading Secret Wars 1984 (on issue 8 now) and I'm not overly in love with it as much as I remember reading it as a kid.  I've read that Secret Wars 2015 is actually better.  Is the writing/artistry better in any way and is the story to some people better?  

Let’s face it. Neither are master pieces :roflmao:. My choice is purely nostalgic. I am biased though and only really enjoy comics from my childhood.

Edited by Xenosmilus

I'm getting worried that with all the multiverse talk (Jamie Fox going to play Electro again in Spider-Man-Homecoming) that they may go for the Secret Wars 2015 version. :tonofbricks:. I do recall the Russo's specifying thought that they are fans of Secret Wars 1984 and not 2015.