• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
21 21

1,944 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Timeless icons said:

Picked this up and it arrived today. I kinda like this variant better than the skull variant. 

1602211609411.jpg

Very nice! I never thought a 9.9 was possible with a corner like that on the top left.

1 hour ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Very nice! I never thought a 9.9 was possible with a corner like that on the top left.

A 9.9 isn't perfect but aside from that tiny imperfection, the book is flawless. (shrug)

Putting a top copy 9.8 and a 9.9 side by side is almost indistinguishable. Luck of the draw perhaps. :wishluck:

Edited by Timeless icons

On 2/21/2021 at 2:58 PM, Randall Ries said:

1st printed appearance of Red Hulk. One guy is selling his on eBay for $2,000. I expect big dividends from this once the collectors world figures out this is a key. LOL!

Red Hulk Premiere.png

I think I have this.. pretty sure i do... I think I know where it's stored.. I remember getting this freebie at my fav very local shop... But I think Comic Shop News 1068 predates this Daily Bugle

Edited by littledoom

$50 yard sale haul. There’s around 60. Could have honestly bought more if I knew from the start the seller was going to be so flexible and generous w pricing. Especially a Star Wars Legacy first app

FDA19F97-98BE-4347-B941-3E620F9E9CB1.thumb.jpeg.fadc8e91ff51f955b0c57437c6743242.jpeg

51B2DA29-20F9-4232-9080-0837F3A953F2.thumb.jpeg.41e6f6c27273f3596c408c967b828971.jpeg

I also bought these from a different seller for $43. I was waiting for the seller to finish talking with a guy and so I was randomly flipping thru a boring long box of indies. I pleasantly found 3 Luther Strode 1s. Last ditch effort!

D20A7FE2-2EFD-4A09-82AD-2B15DA908227.thumb.jpeg.af12d575f3c2bb1fb5745aea4ba2d74e.jpeg

:)

Edited by littledoom

18 minutes ago, littledoom said:

$50 yard sale haul. There’s around 60. Could have honestly bought more if I knew from the start the seller was going to be so flexible and generous w pricing. Especially a Star Wars Legacy first app

I also bought these from a different seller for $43. I was waiting for the seller to finish talking with a guy and so I was randomly flipping thru a boring long box of indies. I pleasantly found 3 Luther Strode 1s. Last ditch effort!

:)

I really liked all of the Luther Strode mini-series a lot.  If any of those Promethea's are 9.8's, you can send them into CGC and sell them to me if you are a dealer.  I've bought a few of them on eBay recently.  Or just keep them for yourself, which is what I would do.

20 hours ago, littledoom said:

I think I have this.. pretty sure i do... I think I know where it's stored.. I remember getting this freebie at my fav very local shop... But I think Comic Shop News 1068 predates this Daily Bugle

Are there print dates on these things? Oh I see it. I'd be interested in the print date on yours. I was never interested too much in them as giveaways back in the day. We didn't have these. We had something else that's lost in my memory.

Edited by Randall Ries

LCS had a 20% off sale today, there were cover price - 20% or less

Scored with Something is Killing the Children, I found these stashed in dfferent boxes, someone might have hid them to come back for them :p very happy to find the 1 per store variants amoung them.

KZGzqOF.jpg

yokWor4.jpg

giN9OTI.jpg

Edited by IbukiLord