• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
21 21

1,951 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2020 at 3:36 AM, Corona smith said:

You could sell the first Wraith and recoup most of your money. Great buy!!

Honestly, I’d sell the Annihilation Conquest Prologue along with Wraith 1 & 2 as a set. Also, Wraith 1 is a $100 book now, so...

That Annihilation #4 cover with Thanos and Drax has always been a low key favorite of mine.

These were still on the rack at the local shop and I thought there are worse ways to spend sixteen bucks.   Probably just going to put them away for a while.  Maybe Gold Lantern will get big or maybe not, but this will always be the first appearance (unless they appeared in some obscure trade mag or some odd back issue that will be discovered further down the road. Lol)

CA20F28E-8498-4BEB-8C3C-B8673E0C0202.jpeg

3 hours ago, Talapas1 said:

These were still on the rack at the local shop and I thought there are worse ways to spend sixteen bucks.   Probably just going to put them away for a while.  Maybe Gold Lantern will get big or maybe not, but this will always be the first appearance (unless they appeared in some obscure trade mag or some odd back issue that will be discovered further down the road. Lol)

Those are second printings. Not sure if that matters to you or not. First prints have the last five numbers of the UPC ending in 00611. In today's market it also might not matter which printing it is.

LOSH #6 1st print bagged 7-29-20.jpg

2 hours ago, kairos70 said:

Those are second printings. Not sure if that matters to you or not. First prints have the last five numbers of the UPC ending in 00611. In today's market it also might not matter which printing it is.

LOSH #6 1st print bagged 7-29-20.jpg

Doh.  Lol.  I checked the inside cover and couldn’t find anything that said second printing.   Too good to be true I guess.  Lol. Still look cool and if Gold Lantern gets big for some reason I may be able to get my money back at least.   Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, Talapas1 said:

Doh.  Lol.  I checked the inside cover and couldn’t find anything that said second printing.   Too good to be true I guess.  Lol. Still look cool and if Gold Lantern gets big for some reason I may be able to get my money back at least.   Thanks for the info.

Still a good buy. Modern collectors have started respecting later prints for the simple fact that they are under-ordered. Smaller print runs make them just as desirable as first printings if not more to certain collectors. I was just making sure you were aware of the different printing variations.

Edited by kairos70

1 hour ago, kairos70 said:

Still a good buy. Modern collectors have started respecting later prints for the simple fact that they are under-ordered. Smaller print runs make them just as desirable as first printings if not more to certain collectors. I was just making sure you were aware of the different printing variations.

I appreciate that.   So many different covers to modern comics nowadays, I’ve found myself buying extra copies by accident just because I didn’t recognize the cover.   Lol.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:46 PM, Talapas1 said:

It's the first Gold Lantern cover (2nd print, as discussed); and first appearance where they really do anything, but the character has been in the background for several issues at this point.  A look online suggests the first background appearance was a tie between Superman #14 and Supergirl #33, the recalled versions.

My LCS pickup for the day; luckily I was the first person to ask for it when it was announced.  I was definitely not the last, according to the owner.

LSH_07.3.jpg

Edited by OtherEric

8 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

It's the first Gold Lantern cover (2nd print, as discussed); and first appearance where they really do anything, but the character has been in the background for several issues at this point.  A look online suggests the first background appearance was a tie between Superman #14 and Supergirl #33, the recalled versions.

My LCS pickup for the day; luckily I was the first person to ask for it when it was announced.  I was definitely not the last, according to the owner.

LSH_07.3.jpg

That's pretty cool.  RI cover?