• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kirby’s Birthday
1 1

70 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I started a big mess in general, but I feel like it called for something in OA.

Post your art by The King!

1C9CDC43-258B-47B1-8800-AD093B3E9757.thumb.jpeg.c3d16653aaee265c0ad076f19580d26c.jpeg

8ED7108B-303A-4355-93BE-E5D684D067E0.thumb.jpeg.4b426608f36cf90602d6274e91b65acd.jpeg

These next two I don’t own anymore.

57397450-3934-4CFE-A9C9-AA8CFB764D38.thumb.jpeg.60bb0f7c0ca45fb4fc6665dd3ef55344.jpeg

D7668C71-DC3D-43AE-B09E-345DDF27B3A0.thumb.jpeg.4cae506a28ef1f212920db54375c815f.jpeg

K R A K !  B K O O M !     Sensational Kirby examples to celebrate the very best.

2 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Both are Kirby - sorry for your confusion.

Likewise.  Has something changed since HA explained that the extent of Jack's involvement with this piece is unknown?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jack-kirby-and-possible-studio-assistant-silver-surfer-and-doctor-doom-large-pencil-sketch-original-art/a/7054-92176.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

33 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Yes! - I spoke to and showed this piece to Mark Evanier (for you who don’t know him - long time friend and historian of Jack Kirby)

And he said he remembered Jack working on this exact piece and it was when his health was ailing him and he had help with it. He said it’s around 70% by Jack.

It really just confirms the last article written on this piece on the Kirby Museum website.

And BTW that write up done by HA was done at the request of the consignor at that time.

Rb

Edited by RICKYBOBBY

28 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Yes! - I spoke to and showed this piece to Mark Evanier (for you who don’t know him - long time friend and historian of Jack Kirby)

And he said he remembered Jack working on this exact piece and it was when his health was ailing him and he had help with it. He said it’s around 70% by Jack.

It really just confirms the last article written on this piece on the Kirby Museum website.

And BTW that write up done by HA was done at the request of the consignor at that time.

Rb

As long as you're happy...

13 minutes ago, vodou said:

As long as you're happy...

There was allegedly a lot of "suspicious stuff" that went on with some of those "specialty" pieces - hell, even the signature has to be questioned.  Personally I wouldn't touch one but maybe that's just me...

Edited by pemart1966

7 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

There was allegedly a lot of "suspicious stuff" that went on at the end with those "specialty" pieces - hell, even the signature has to be questioned.  Personally I wouldn't touch one but maybe that's just me...

Yeah those Sotheby’s pieces can be suspicious because they are so mechanical - no life in them. So hard to tell with those recreations.

The Silver Surfer pencils here were done way before that time and actually used to hang in Jack Kirbys home. So not to be confused with the different times and pieces.

Edited by RICKYBOBBY

9 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Yeah those Sotheby’s pieces can be suspicious because they are so mechanical - no life in them. So hard to tell with those recreations.

The Silver Surfer pencils here were done way before that time and actually used to hang in Jack Kirbys home. So not to be confused with the different times and pieces.

But didn't Evanier say above that the Surfer piece was "around 70% by Jack"?