• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kirby’s Birthday
1 1

70 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Hey listen you keep bringing this back to money. I don’t care Jack had help on this piece and many others who don’t mind.

How many Jack Kirby Silver Surfer pencils with Dr doom do you know that exist? I am guessing not many. I know of one and he turned 100k down.

Its a great piece to own and looks amazing on the wall. If you care kirby had help on it then that’s your preference

You're assuming that Jack did the Surfer pencils.  That's not a fact...

Maybe if Ricky taps his ruby red shoes 3 times, his wish that the Kirby be 100% Kirby might come true.

In the meantime, very, very few collectors would want this in their collection. It would always be in the back of their mind that it’s not 100% Kirby.

6 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

You're assuming that Jack did the Surfer pencils.  That's not a fact...

Have you read anything ? Mark Evanier confirmed he remembered Jack working on this exact piece.

its you guys that are assuming I said it’s 100% jack. 

7 minutes ago, artdealer said:

Maybe if Ricky taps his ruby red shoes 3 times, his wish that the Kirby be 100% Kirby might come true.

In the meantime, very, very few collectors would want this in their collection. It would always be in the back of their mind that it’s not 100% Kirby.

That’s your opinion. Jack had it in his wall so he enjoyed seeing it. It’s his birthday and that’s why I posted it too. And here’s you are talking about ruby shoes - what a rude comment Mitch

Edited by RICKYBOBBY

1 minute ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Have you read anything ? Mark Evanier confirmed he remembered Jack working on this exact piece.

its you guys that are assuming I said it’s 100% jack. 

You're missing the point.  We all agree that it's not 100% Jack.  We have guesstimate from someone that Jack's involvement was give or take 70% - that "...he remembered Jack working on this exact piece.".  That's where it ends.  There's no way to tell what Jack did or did not do on this piece.

Just now, pemart1966 said:

You're missing the point.  We all agree that it's not 100% Jack.  We have guesstimate from someone that Jack's involvement was give or take 70% - that "...he remembered Jack working on this exact piece.".  That's where it ends.  There's no way to tell what Jack did or did not do on this piece.

No you are missing the point dude. The whole reason this started is because someone said the SS wasn’t Kirby. Go back and read page 1 .. jeez

On 8/29/2019 at 5:17 PM, Blastaar said:

For those.....seasoned....collectors out there. Was this page always a show stopper or did it build in popularity over time? 

EC059A0B-DC7B-433F-8141-E1ED4AACB8F8.thumb.jpeg.1a80b99e5f9c736a3477c14ba526f8d7.jpeg

Over time. A friend of mine said that when he first saw this he wanted to cut the eyes out and wear it as a Halloween mask.